Dorothy the smart, snarky, sarcastic know-it-all, Rose the sweet, St. Olaf story-telling, dimwit; Blanche the over-sexed, egotistical southern belle, and Sophia, the cranky, Sicily story-telling, curmudgeon. For all their differences, for all their faults, they were one happy family (albeit a dysfunctional one). By the way, if you're asking, I'm Dorothy for more reasons than I care to admit.
So, for tonight's blog, my five favorite episodes of The Golden Girls in no particular order:
- "Henny Penny — Straight, No Chaser"-The girls help Dorothy by putting on a presentation of the fairy tale Henny Penny.
- "In a Bed of Rose's"-Is that a dead man in Rose's bed? The girls try to find out what happened as Rose tries to work through the fact that she has killed some men in bed.
- "Ladies of the Evening"-The girls have tickets to meet Burt Reynolds, but not enough to include Sophia. Will they make to their evening with Burt?
- "The Actor"-Each of the girls have a part in a local theater production, but they also have the eyes for the lead actor in the play. Will one of them be his leading lady or will all of them get burned?
- "One Flew Out of the Cuckoo's Nest"-The series finale.
What's your favorite episode?
Until next time, "My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana."-Rose Nyland Sorry no pics. Blogger and I are having issues.