Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day Thirty-five: I Got Distracted

I have the attention span of a gnat. I was trying to write a post tonight, but I got distracted. How you ask?  I'm going to take you into a brief period in the life of my crazy brain.  I sat down to write a post on why I don't like the 2013 The Great Gatsby movie, but then I got distracted by Tony Gonzalez on Michael Strahan's A Football Life, but remembered I had seen it, so channeled the tv to Investigation Discovery to watch their new episode of Redrum. 


After about two minutes, I saw a tweet from Bomani Jones about Darren Sharper, and I felt the need to respond, which led to a Buzzfeed article mocking Kylie Jenner's lips, which led to me taking a quiz about how many novels I have read that Roald Dahl's Matilda had read (22 out of 60, FYI).  This led to an article about which movies were better than the books, which should have led me back to the post that I wanted to write about...but it didn't.


Back to Twitter, someone posted an article about Celine Dion coming back to Las Vegas, to AOL...then, back to the article, because I'm going to write this article tonight, Dammit...Next, I saw a tweet about Married at First Sight, changed the channel to watch a little of this weirdo reality show.  Sean, FYI looks older than 34.


Then, there was another Buzzfeed post, and then, I was watching this dude pretend to be Voldemort singing a parody of "Uptown Funk." Hilarious by the way.  This led to a parody about Zelda and being a nerd.  Then, I saw an article inappropriately declaring Bill Goldberg dead, off to TMZ where Goldberg is instead talking about the wrestler who died in the ring this past weekend.  This led to an article they posted about the possibility of Darren Sharper making the Hall of Fame, which led to an article on Scott Fujita calling Sharper disgusting which lead me to Google to read the news...again.  Then, I realized that Youtube page was still open. I went to the Everything Wrong With page, and watched Everything Wrong With The Fifth Element, followed by EWW Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal," Katy Perry's "Roar," Iggy Azalea's "Fancy," and Ariana Grande's "Problem." I love sarcasm and mocking, this series is right up my alley. The MJ one was the funniest.  I just finished that, but not the article which led to this. I probably need help. I'll try that Gatsby article tomorrow.


Until next time, "I have the attention span of a 2-year-old. I like to jump from project-to-project."
Reba McEntire, I like Reba; she gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment