Friday, March 20, 2015

Day Thirty-One: March Madness

Short post tonight. It is that time of year when my timelines are inundated with the NCAA Basketball Tournament.  Just about every one has become infected with March Madness and struggling to cope with broken brackets and lost wagers.  Not me...
I would casually watch the tourney during the early nineties when Shaquille O'Neal was with the Tigers.  I booed Duke and watched until the SEC teams were eliminated, but I never really watched with any interest, except in 1997 when a young man from Cal toook the court before being drafted by my Kansas City Chiefs.
Truthfully, I haven't really watched since 1997, even then I was almost forced.  We were having a study party and watching the games.  I've more or less resented it because it use to begin during our spring breaks here in Mississippi.  During the break, I just wanted to catch up on my soaps and my tv programs, but alas, it was mostly basketball and reruns. I just couldn't wait for it to end. I have filled brackets (unsuccessfully) for a couple of years with a few of my former students that I use to play fantasy football with.  I never really cared enough to do the research in filling it out.
Right now, I'm going through another March Madness. It's called senioritis--that time of year when senior high school students decide that they want to coast through the last two months of the school year. I'm trying a healthy dose of motivation, but you guys say few prayers for me...
Until next time, "Spring is nature’s way of saying, "Let’s party!"  ~Robin Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment