Sunday, November 27, 2016

NFL Week 12: Waking up in Second Place


Welcome back, guys! Hope you all had a very happy Thanksgiving celebration with your families, friends, and significant others. I enjoyed spending time with my family, although it meant only 20 actual minutes of anything even close to being football related. The fam isn't into football. I know, I'm the odd duck in the bunch, but our Thursday viewing was dedicated to a non-stop comedy movie marathon consisting of Bad Moms, Central Intelligence, and Deadpool.  Not a bad way to spend a Thursday, but I missed the football, and Aretha's national anthem.


It is not a dream. The Dallas Cowboys have the best record in the NFL. I know, right?  Is there anyone more insufferable than a Dallas fan when they are winning?  Yeah, a Lakers fan, but I digress. The Boys have surprised a lot of people dominating their division and conference with a rookie quarterback-Dak Prescott. It's hard not to root for Prescott, but you guys know my feelings about the boys. Rooting for Dak, but against those boys. It's what I do.  Seriously, it physically hurts to say nice things about the Cowboys and the Raiders.

I don't know what is going on with Green Bay and Kansas City. My Chiefs had no business losing that game to Tampa Bay on Sunday. NONE!!! I will give Tampa Bay their props. They are a decent team, but the Chiefs are better than what they put on the field Sunday. Even with the injuries, there is no way they are Super Bowl bound losing games like this. They fell from first place to second place (barely) and will now face the Broncos in Denver tonight on national television. The Chiefs, sigh, are not good on national television. Maybe it's me. Nah, it's not me. A big shoutout to one of my favorite Chiefs' blogs ArrowheadPride.com, who pointed out that since 2004, the Chiefs are 10-18 on national television. They lost their first national televised game in that abomination against the Steelers early this season. They are scheduled for two national televised games, one against Oakland on December 8, and the other against Denver on Christmas Day.  I regret to say have no hopes for either of those games. Wow, they are doing the Who's got the Edge segment on the Chiefs/Broncos. Tony Gonzalez is picking this game. Sigh...Chiefs are going to lose.

Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers, smh, I am just as surprised as anyone that Green Bay is so infuriating this year. The Packer fans are blaming Olivia Munn for Jessica Simpsoning the Pack, while even legit sports sites are citing a rift in the Rodgers family (also blamed on Aaron's girlfriend Olivia) for causing Aaron's problems on the field.  Whatever the problem, Green Bay is going to find themselves buying tickets to the playoffs if they don't solve this problem. 

Well, to the task at hand, last week was a good week.  I once again improved my record with a 12-4 showing thanks  in part to my 3-0 Thanksgiving day picks.  The old record ticked up to 102-61 for the season.  My fantasy teams:  Lucille Swings is still in first place with a 9-2 record, while Lochte and Loaded dropped its second game in two weeks dropping to fourth place. Lochte and Loaded is such a dumpster fire, that the most exciting thing happening this week is that I was able to swing getting Matt Bryant back as my kicker. No byes this week with three teams playing on Thursday.

Sunday, November 27, 2016
Arizona Cardinals vs. Atlanta Falcons:  Atlanta
San Francisco 49ers vs. Miami Dolphins: Miami
Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans Saints:  New Orleans
San Diego Chargers vs. Houston Texans:  San Diego
Tennessee Titans vs. Chicago Bears:  Tennessee
New York Giants vs. Cleveland Browns:  New York
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Baltimore Ravens:  Baltimore
Carolina Panthers vs. Oakland Raiders:  Oakland (It makes me sick  to keep picking Oakland.)
Seattle Seahawks vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Seattle
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets:  New York
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Denver Broncos:  Denver (and it hurts, really hurts to pick them)

Monday, November 28, 2016
Green Bay Packers vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Philadelphia

Thursday, December 1, 2016
Dallas Cowboys vs. Minnesota Vikings:  Dallas

For better or worse, my picks, ladies and gentlemen. Before I leave, I would like to bid a fond farewell to two actors we lost over the break-Florence Henderson and Ron Glass. They both entertained us for decades and will be sorely missed. Until next time, "To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on."-Dave Pelzer

No comments:

Post a Comment