Wednesday, November 23, 2016

NFL Week 12: Thanksgiving Edition


"Gratitude is the sign of noble souls."-Aesop


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! I'm not going to spend a great deal of time speaking about this weekend, because I will talk about that on Sunday.  Take a moment to think about the things you are thankful for instead. I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my students, my co-workers, and any person who has played a role in the course of my life, no matter how large or small.  You have all been a blessing and made a contribution to the person I've become.

I know, I know, we are all thankful for football on Thanksgiving day, but how about giving a little thanks to the players, coaches, and staff who give up so much time with their families and put their bodies on the line to entertain us every week. Thanks guys!

I'm thankful that my Chiefs are still in the playoff picture even after that debacle on Sunday. Thank you guys for being my team.

I'm going to make this short and quick, so I can spend time with my family as I know many of you will.

Thursday, November 23, 2016
Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions:  Detroit
Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys:  Dallas
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts:  Pittsburgh

Go now and embrace your family and one of the most fabulous dinners of the year! Until next time,
"May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And you pies take the prize,
And my your Thanksgiving dinner,
Stay off your thighs."-Grandpa Jones





No comments:

Post a Comment