Saturday, October 22, 2016

NFL Week Seven: Et tu?


Well those first six weeks flew by quickly. We are one week away from the half way point. Injuries are still plaguing many of the more popular athletes in the league.  This week, the Steelers learn they will be without Ben Roethlesberger after he tore his meniscus and had surgery.  Added to that list is the Packers Eddie Lacey and James Starks.  The Cowboys are dealing with their potential QB controversy with Dak Prescott performing well, and Tony Romo scheduled to return in the next few weeks. We should all be so lucky, right?  

Then, there is Josh Brown kicker for the New York Giants. This guy is piece of work. He receives only a one game suspension for what he calls treating his wife "like a slave." He appears now to be a serial abuser of his ex-wife Molly, and it appears that the NFL and the Giants knew more than they let on. Sorry, I so little sympathy for this guy, who claims he felt like a "god" when with his wife. The NFL truly needs to weed all of these abusive guys in the league. Being able to play a sport, act, or sing well does not allow a person to treat women in this manner. It is unacceptable. I'm a firm believer in zero tolerance for domestic violence. ZERO.

If you missed it, my Chiefs did win last week beating the dreaded Raiders (Raider Hater). Four years ago, I finally saw my first Chiefs game, and it was against the New Orleans Saints at the Super Dome. This week, the Saints head to Arrowhead to take on my Chiefs. (One day, I'm going to make it to Arrowhead.) The Saints are my aunt's favorite team, and I actually took her to her first Saints game, which was also the first time I ever got to see Tony Gonzalez play live and in person, but I digress. She and I will be sitting on opposite ends of the sofa this week as we watch my Chiefs beat her Saints. Yes, I am pettty, but you know this, right? My Chiefs won the last meeting when Jamaal Charles scored a touchdown in overtime in the end zone in front of me. It was awesome! 




Speaking of Tony Gonzalez, he did a really good job, plus they gave him more lines, on NCIS.  He will be returning in the role of Tony Francis this week as well.  Looking forward to more acting work from Tony G.

Fantasy fans: Remember Big Ben and Eddie Lacey are out, and the Cowboys and Panthers have a bye this week. Last week wasn't so great, but it wasn't so bad either as I finished the week with a 9-6 record.  Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis left me shaking my head, too.  My record is 54-38 on the year, so let's see if I can stay on the positive side.

Sunday, October 23, 2016  
New Orleans Saints vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  Kansas City
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals:  Cincinnati
Washington Redskins vs. Detroit Lions:  Washington
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans:  Indianapolis
Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins:  Buffalo
Baltimore Ravens vs. New York Jets:  Baltimore
Minnesota Vikings vs. Philadelphia Eagles:  Minnesota
Oakland Raiders vs. Jacksonville Jaguars:  Oakland
San Diego Chargers vs. Atlanta Falcons:  Atlanta
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. San Francisco 49ers:  San Francisco
New York Giants vs. Los Angeles Rams:  Los Angeles
New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:  New England
Seattle Seahawks vs. Arizona Cardinals:  Arizona

Monday, October 24, 2016
Houston Texans vs. Denver Broncos:  Denver

Thursday, October 27, 2016
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Tennessee Titans:  Tennessee

That's all, folks!  Enjoy your games, and pour one out for the poor guy on the receiving end of Negan's bat, Lucille, because The Walking Dead returns tonight!!!!! As Negan said, "You can breathe. You can blink. You can cry. Hell, they're all gonna be doing that." That is how most of our Sundays go...make the best of yours!!!!

FYI: I will be live blogging the season premiere of tonight's episode of The Walking Dead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment