Sunday, October 30, 2016

Dead Viewing: Season 7, Episode 2-"The Well"

***WARNING***
***You may want to stop here.***
***There will be spoilers.***
***This is not a review. It is just my thoughts as I'm watching the show.***
***I update during commercials.***



I think I shared the same reactions as many of the fans above.  I thought Abraham would die, but man the swerve by killing Glenn, too. Well played, sadistic writers of The Walking Dead, well played. You guys are straight savages.  I love you and hate you at the same time, much like my feelings for that S.O.B. Negan.  Let's take a moment to pour one out for our lost homies--Abraham Ford and Glenn Rhee, our fallen soldiers from last week's devastating season premiere.

Back to it...

This is the Carol rescue episode. Man, Carol, where the heck are you going? They are trying to save your life and...who is this old lady you are following? Are you trying to get yourself killed?  Carol is suffering some major PTSD.  These are some straight up Renaissance warriors here. Armor and horses like the knights of the round table.  This is a pretty nice set-up that Carol and Morgan have come to-The Kingdom. The person in charge...King Ezekiel and his tiger Shiva. See, how the heck has he kept a tiger...never mind. Seven years into the z-poc and that tiger hasn't eaten you. Bruh...

King Ezekiel must have been a Shakespearean actor prior to the z-poc.  I think you are mad, bruh. Carol doesn't know what the crap is going on right now.  She is Alice right now.  She is really all WTF, right now.  Is Morgan falling for Carol right now?  They have pigs. Why do you want the pigs full of rot.  Are they poisoning the pigs for Negan's crew? Yep, I bet they are fattening the pigs up with tainted meat to sicken Negan's crew.  Ben may be the new Nicholas.

I want to go on record and say I'm not fond of Ezekiel's dreads. The Kingdom is really a place for all the nerds, theater geeks, and the like to seek refuge. Carol, of course, is stealing weapons and chocolate. They have cobbler at every meal?  Well, la-tee-dah...Carol is like, these people don't know crap about crap.  Yep, here are Negan's men. Yep, they are trying to poison make them sick. Ezekiel is not as crazy as he acts. I just need Daryl not to eat the bacon. I hate the Saviors. I'm going to cheer heartily when the Saviors are conquered. To fight or not to fight...that is the question, and how many of you slightly better Alexandrians are going to die. Well, Carol has dipped again.

Ezekiel has caught Carol on the prowl. Step Jerry. Y'all, I love Jerry. Ezekiel looks right through Carol's little lady act. Carol just called Ezekiel a joke to his face. People want someone to follow. It's human nature-King Ezekiel. He is the Rick of the group. He didn't want to be a leader, but he became one. He was a zookeeper. He saved Shiva. Theater dude...knew it! He's trying to tell Carol that all is not bad in the world. There has to be better. Embrace the contradiction. Go and not go...I'm not sure if Carol is buying it or not.

Carol leaves the Kingdom, but look who shows up at the door...Ezekiel. I think, ole Zeke has a think for the fair lady Carol. I'm just happy no one died this week. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment