Saturday, October 29, 2016

NFL Week 8: Living on a Prayer...

With all respects given to Bon Jovi, we are almost at the halfway point boys and girls, and other than the New England Patriots, does anyone really, really, really want to control their division?  Sorry, I lapsed into the Spice Girls for some odd reason...I cannot explain Miami beating Buffalo or NY Jets beating Baltimore, or Atlanta allowing San Diego to come back to win. Well, at least my Chiefs won. Yay!!!!

Speaking of the Chiefs, I want to send best wishes to former Chiefs (Browns and Chargers) coach, Marty Schottenheimer.  He has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease.  Marty Schottenheimer is by far one of my favorite coaches (outside of Bill Walsh).  He was the coach when I became a Chiefs fan, and part of the reason I never actually root against the Chargers, (Shawne Merriman is the other).  I loved his spirit on the sidelines and love for his players, especially the relationship with Derrick Thomas. I really hate this disease which took the life of Pat Summit earlier this year. I truly wish Coach Schottenheimer and his family the best during this difficult time.

I'm somewhat recovered from last week's nightmarish edition of The Walking Dead, only to wake up to the nightmare that the Raiders, yeah, those Raiders are on the top of the pile in the AFC West. Ugh...I hate those guys. New England, sporting the best record in the league is atop the AFC East, while a Ben Roethlisberger-less Steelers team is 1st in the North with Houston first in the South.

Dallas is riding high in the NFC East, Minnesota in the North, Seattle in the West, and Atlanta is on top of that dumpster fire known as the NFC South. Atlanta-Dumpster...made me think of Glenn for a moment...pour one out for Glenn Rhee y'all...

Oh, by the way, Tony Gonzalez news, the former All-Pro tight end and future Hall-of-Famer, will join Charles Woodson as NFC legends captains at the 2017 Pro Bowl. Jerome Bettis and Ray Lewis will be the captains for the AFC. FYI, Tony G should have been with the AFC, but at least he will give me a reason to watch the Pro Bowl again.

Well, much like the carnage of last week's The Walking Dead, my picks took a major hit (no pun intended, although fitting).  I had a disastrous week with a 7-8 finish, bringing my record to 61-46 at the halfway point. My fantasy teams, you asked? Lucille Swings is currently holding it down in first place with a 5-2 record, while Lochted and Loaded is 4-2 and holding its own in third place (not bad for a raging hot mess of a team).  Fantasy Players: Miami, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NY Giants, San Francisco, and Los Angeles all have byes this week.  Now, let's hope I can right the ship this week.

Sunday, October 30, 2016
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Indianapolis Colts:  Kansas City
Seattle Seahawks vs. New Orleans Saints:  Seattle
San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos:  Denver
Washington Redskins vs. Cincinnati Bengals:  Cincinnati
New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills:  New England
New York Jets vs. Cleveland Browns:  New York
Oakland Raiders vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Oakland
Arizona Cardinals vs. Carolina Panthers:  Carolina
Detroit Lions vs. Houston Texans:  Houston
Green Bay Packers vs. Atlanta Falcons:  Atlanta (IF they lose this game, I'm done.)
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys:  Dallas

Monday, October 31, 2016
Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears:  Minnesota

Thursday, November 3, 2016
Atlanta Falcons vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Tampa Bay

That's that, guys! Check out my live blog of season 7 of The Walking Dead tonight! Until next week, remember, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment