Sunday, November 8, 2015

Week Nine: Bye Week Blues

Welcome to the midway point of the NFL season everybody! Last week, something magical happened in London, and it did not involve Hogwarts or Harry Potter. The Kansas City Chiefs won, and won soundly against the Detroit Lions! Now, I know, I know that I should not be so excited because after all they beat the Lions who went on a pink slip throw down this week. But, it has been so long since the Chiefs put a beat down on anyone that I just want to enjoy it before they make me inevitably question my fandom. Which brings me to today's blues, no Chiefs game today. The Chiefs have a by this week, so no chance to get on a roll which always frightens this fan. By the way, did y'all see Alex Smith last week? If only he can bring that to Mile High next week against Peyton, if only the defense can play against Peyton the way they played against Stafford, if only...


Only four undefeated teams are left after the Packers fell to the Broncos last week. The Patriots, the Broncos, the Bengals, and the Panthers are the last teams standing without a loss. If I had to put money on it, I would probably say that of the four the Patriots will probably be the last team to get a loss. This week Peyton travels back to Indianapolis to take on a shaky Colts team with an even shakier Andrew Luck at the helm. It is the fourth and likely final game between Peyton and his replacement. Would I be too petty in saying I hope the kid wins? So, I'm petty. I'm really petty because both the Broncos and the UGH Raiders are ahead of my Chiefs in the standings.


My Fantasy Just Gonzo is fairing okay considering I have now lost my starting running back Le'Veon Bell. Not only that, my team is Kansas City Chiefs heavy, so this week is a pill trying to fill all of those empty slots. It's not fair that my favorite team and my fantasy team should be without their starting running back. Get well soon, Jamaal Charles, Le'Veon Bell, Reggie Bush, Steve Smith, and all the other players who went down to injury last week. Good luck to Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers. Has any player fallen as quickly as Kaepernick? Now, they've shipped Vernon Davis to Denver. SMH...


Fantasy players: do not forget that Kansas City, Baltimore, Houston, Arizona, Seattle, and Detroit all have byes this week so set your team accordingly. Last week, I was 10-5 in my picks bringing my record to 65-40 on the season. Here go with week nine! My your teams have the best of luck, unless they are the Raiders, Cowboys, or Broncos, because--petty.


Sunday, November 9
Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills: Buffalo
St. Louis Rams at Minnesota Vikings: Minnesota
Washington Redskins at New England Patriots: New England
Tennessee Titans at New Orleans Saints: New Orleans
Jacksonville Jaguars at New York Jets: New York
Oakland Raiders at Pittsburgh Steelers: Pittsburgh
Green Bay Packers at Carolina Panthers: Green Bay
Atlanta Falcons at San Francisco 49ers: Atlanta
New York Giants at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: New York
Denver Broncos at Indianapolis Colts: Denver (but rooting for Indy)
Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys: Philadelphia


Monday, November 10
Chicago Bears at San Diego Chargers: San Diego

Thursday, November 12
Buffalo Bills at New York Jets: New York


Until next week, "The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised." ~George F. Will

No comments:

Post a Comment