Thursday, November 26, 2015

NFL Week 12: Thanksgiving Day Picks

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Here's hoping your day is filled with the blessings of family, friends, and lots and lots of turkey!!! Oh, no I did not forget, FOOTBALL!!! It is one of the many things I'm looking forward to today. You know besides the turkey, ham, pie, cake, yams, pie, peas, dressing, potatoes, gravy, pie, and did I mention pie? It also helps me to avoid those pesky why aren't you married with children questions, because I really hope I can make it through Thanksgiving without having to have a clapback.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I start the day refusing any type of food until dinner is served. It's a matter of control, so I can rest my self-control later. See, there is a method to my madness, but onto the matter at hand.

The NFL has seen fit to give us another three game special, so we have to spend as little time as possible discussing religion, politics, and gossip--three courses always served at the table. Don't forget that you have to set your fantasy team today before the games begin if you have any players on today's teams.

So, on with the picks:
Thursday, November 26, 2015
Philadelphia Eagles at Detroit Lions: Detroit-I have absolutely no faith in Philadelphia at this point.

Carolina Panthers at Dallas Cowboys: Carolina-Romo's back, and the Boys always perform well at home on Thanksgiving, but Cam and the Panthers are going to be a tough out. Besides, y'all know I hate the Cowboys. I want Cam to beat them.

Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers: Green Bay-They are retiring lord Favre's jersey tonight at halftime, and the Bears are, well, the Bears. I expect a tough game with the Pack and Rodgers coming out on top.

Good luck to your teams, and may you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Until next time, "Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare.  They are consumed in twelve minutes.  Half-times take twelve minutes.  This is not coincidence."~Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment