Saturday, October 31, 2015

NFL Week 8: The Returned


Happy Halloween, everybody! Sorry about the air silence last week. It was the mom's birthday week, and I really wanted just to watch American Horror Story (which I am totally losing interest in) and The Walking Dead (I just can't believe that he is dead. I refuse to until I see more evidence). Since I've been gone, New England, Cincinnati, Denver, Green Bay, and Carolina have managed to stay undefeated.  Every one is bracing for Sunday's showdown between Peyton and Aaron (I'll be biting my nails waiting for confirmation about a certain pizza boy's fate, and I am not talking about Peyton Manning). Y'all know I'm rooting for Aaron in this showdown.

My Chiefs finally won another game!!! Yet, I'm not ready to do a dance just yet, because...they just frustrate the daylights out of me. This team is good on paper (notice I didn't say great), but they should be better than 2-5, and it is annoying that they are tied for last place in the AFC West and that the town in northern California is higher than my Chiefs. Hate that team, man. This week the Chiefs travel to London for a "home" against the Detroit Lions. First, I want to apologize to our British brethren who will suffer through this travesty of a football game live, as well as the fans who are traveling from the US and other countries to watch these mediocre teams battle for mediocre supremacy. The Chiefs are really testing my fandom.

Oh, Congratulations to Tony Gonzalez who was honored by the Chiefs last week, and who was inducted in the University of California's Hall of Fame this weekend. Congratulations #88! (or should that be #44) Now, you guys knew, this post would not be complete without a TG update. Also, get well soon to Jamaal Charles, who is recovering from knee surgery.

Fantasy fans: Remember, this is a bye week for Buffalo, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, and Washington. I finished week six with a 9-5 record which brings my total thus far to 55-36.

Sunday, November 1, 2015
Detroit Lions vs. Kansas City Chiefs: Kansas City (I don't believe this for one minute)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Atlanta Falcons: Atlanta
Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears: Chicago
Arizona Cardinals vs. Cleveland Browns: Arizona
San Francisco 49ers vs. St. Louis Rams: St. Louis
New York Giants vs. New Orleans Saints: New Orleans
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Cincinnati
San Diego Chargers vs. Baltimore Ravens: Baltimore
Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans: Houston
New York Jets vs. Oakland Raiders: New York
Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys: Seattle
Green Bay Packers vs. Denver Broncos: Green Bay

Monday, November 2, 2015
Indianapolis Colts vs. Carolina Panthers: Carolina

Thursday, November 5, 2015
Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals: Cincinnati


Until next week, “I think that we're all mentally ill. Those of us outside the asylums only hide it a little better - and maybe not all that much better after all.” ― Stephen King

Enjoy your Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment