Sunday, October 11, 2015

NFL Week 5: Seasons Change but Some Things Stay the Same

Welcome back, everybody! Sorry, I didn't get this post up on Saturday night like I normally do, but the real job took me on a field trip, and I didn't get home until late. Shout out to my IPad that took a nose dive off the table Friday night and had me spending the better part of the field trip looking forlorn on the butcher block bench at the Apple Store. Waiting to be called at the Apple store must be what Purgatory must be like.

Anyway, who says that the NFL is a young man's game? Don't tell Peyton Manning and Tom Brady who are both sitting on undefeated records, or Matt Hasselbeck who helped put Indianapolis over the hump in the wake of Andrew Luck's injury. For the record: while I may think it is cool that guys my age are still slinging in the NFL, I have am most certainly not happy about the these stats, especially since one of them has contributed to my Chiefs being in the basement of the AFC West. I'm still waiting for that team that was suppose to conquer the west to show. If any of you happen to see them let me know. Speaking of basement dwellers, San Francisco, New Orleans, Detroit, Houston, and Philadelphia weren't you guys suppose to be better than this?


Ah well, this post is going to be short and to the point, because tonight I will be Live Blogging the season premiere of The Walking Dead. Fantasy players: your bye teams this week are the Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, and Carolina Panthers, so set your teams accordingly. Last week was a pretty decent week. I'm coming off two weeks of 10 win picks, yay me. So last week's 10-5 pushes my record to 37-26 on the season. Let us hope I continue the trend this week.

Sunday, October 11, 2015
Washington Redskins at Atlanta Falcons: Atlanta
Seattle Seahawks at Cincinnati Bengals: Cincinnati
St. Louis Rams at Green Bay Packers: Green Bay
Buffalo Bills at Tennessee Titans: Buffalo
Chicago Bears at Kansas City Chiefs: Kansas City (C'mon, guys! You have to beat Cutler!)
New Orleans Saints at Philadelphia Eagles: New Orleans
Jacksonville Jaguars at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Tampa Bay
Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens: Baltimore
Arizona Cardinals at Detroit Lions: Arizona
New England Patriots at Dallas Cowboys: New England
Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders: Denver
San Francisco 49ers at New York Giants: New York

Monday, October 12, 2015
Pittsburgh Steelers at San Diego Chargers: San Diego

Thursday, October 15, 2015
Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints: Atlanta

Until next week, "So it goes..."-Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

Post a Comment