Saturday, November 24, 2012

NFL Week 12 Picks...

Happy After Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Pre-Cyber Monday, everybody!!!  Did you survive the sales? I did as I don't partake in the shopping craze that is Black Friday, and I am still recovering from Thursday. Thanks to a change in weather, I don't feel much like myself.  Ah, que sera, sera...



I went 3-0 on Turkey Day!!! I actually got to see maybe 5 minutes of any of the games.  1) because 90% of my family are women, and they don't do sports, 2) every five minutes I was called into duty to perform some menial task, and 3) our local Fox affiliate didn't have sound for the entirety of the Cowboys/Redskins game.  As much as I dislike Joe Buck and Troy Aikman, a game with no sound is horrible and boring...Kinda like watching a Chiefs game...



So, this week the bye weeks end, the the quest for the playoffs and for the first pick begins...In the AFC, New England, Houston, Baltimore, and Denver are sitting atop their divisions with Pittsburgh and, surprisingly, the Indianapolis Colts are in the hunt for the Wildcards.  While in the NFC, Atlanta, New York, San Francisco, and atop their divisions with Chicago and Green Bay tied atop the North.  Tampa Bay and Seattle are currently in the lead for the second Wildcard spot.  Who will win out?  Only time will tell.  Meanwhile, in basement dweller news, the Chiefs and the Jaguars are in a fierce battle for the first draft pick.  Hey, Chiefs fans have to root for something.

On to the picks, with my perfect Turkey Day, my record for the season 100-61.  So for Sunday my predictions are for the following: 

Sunday, November 25
Minnesota Vikings vs. Chicago Bears:  Chicago
Atlanta Falcons vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Atlanta
Seattle Seahawks vs. Miami Dolphins:  Seattle

Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  Denver
Buffalo Bills vs. Indianapolis Colts:  Indianapolis
Pittsburgh Steelers vs.@ Cleveland Browns:  Pittsburgh
Oakland Raiders vs. Cincinnati Bengals:  Cincinnati
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars:  Tennessee

Baltimore Ravens vs. San Diego Chargers:  Baltimore
San Francisco 49ers vs. New Orleans Saints:  San Francisco
St. Louis Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals:  Arizona

Green Bay Packers vs. New York Giants:  Green Bay

Monday, November 26
Carolina Panthers vs. Philadelphia Eagles:  Carolina

Monday, November 26
New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons:  A double dose of Tony Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham this week?  Yes and please.  I'm picking Atlanta in this rematch of the Tight End Heavyweights.  FYI:  Happy 26th Birthday to my second favorite tight end, Jimmy Graham!!!
That's all I've got this week guys.  Until next week, "If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average."~M.H. Alderson

No comments:

Post a Comment