Saturday, November 17, 2012

NFL Week 11 Picks...

Hey everybody!!!  I am still smiling :)  So, if you weren't here last week, (and why wouldn't you be?), I made my way to New Orleans, Louisiana to see my favorite player Tony Gonzalez play for the very first time.  Let me just say...IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!  It was my second time to the Superdome, and I must say that the Saints fans know how to throw a party.  Quick recap:  I entered the stadium wearing my red Tony Gonzalez jersey with my aunt who is a ride or die Saints fan who was going to her first game and decked out in full Saints gear.  The comments to my aunt ranged from "How did you let that trash in the car with you?" to "You've got to teach her to do better."  I, of course, didn't let it faze me.  I was going to see Tony...and haters gonna hate :)




Once we found our seats, the ushers let us come as close as we could to the wall.  Most of my pictures were through the net.  I mean *sarcasm coming* I can't imagine the Saints fans doing something foul to the Falcons players. Just kidding, the Saints fans are awesome... LOL...Any way, I missed Tony entering the field, so for the first few minutes all I got was his back.  Not exactly a bad angle, but not exactly the one I wanted.  I got the one really good warm up shot.




After warm-ups, I missed him again because of the freaking field goal post.  I was beginning to think that I was only going to get posterior shots.  Once again, not the best shot, but definitely not the worse one.  I went back to my seats while I was waiting for the Falcons to dress.  As they were entering the field, I asked the usher could I come back.  She said yes, and let me stand in the second row of section 156 right above the Falcons' tunnel.  After watching both teams warm up, the Falcons began moving toward their tunnel, and there he was!!!  And...he waved at me!!!  That's right at me!!!  No, there is no photographic evidence, because I was too busy waving and trying not to drop my camera.  So, I know what you are thinking.  He was just acknowledging all the fans.  Except, there was no one in 156 except me, and only a handful of Saints fans in the upper levels of 155 and 157.  Believe what you will, I know it was to me :)


Anyway, I spent the rest of the game being playfully called "Gonzalez" by a gentleman two rows behind me because I made the mistake of jumping up and yelling when Tony Gonzalez scored touchdown #100 right in front of my section.  I also spent the next five minutes explaining to Saints fan, who could not care less, that that was TG's #100.  

 
When Jimmy Graham scored, my heckler yelled "Hey Gonzalez, take a picture of a real tight end!"  I will tell you this though, I really enjoyed the day.  Section 155, you guys were awesome!  My aunt had a wonderful time dancing and singing with you guys, especially when the Saints won.  I appreciated not being tossed on the field as I screamed when TG scored #101 in front of our section, too.  Saints fans are fun group of people to hang out with.  One guy even offered me a shoulder to cry on after the game, before abandoning me to kiss my aunt on the cheek.  Seriously, it was a great game.  I saw my favorite player with 11 catches for 122 yards and 2 TDs, and my favorite Saint Jimmy Graham grab 7 receptions for 146 yards and 2 TDs.  



Thanks, TG!!!  I'm sorry that you guys didn't win, but that wave made my year!!!  Thanks for acknowledging this lunatic of a fan!!!

Alright, now to my Chiefs...smh...I...smh...just...I'm at the end of my rope with the Chiefs.  I can't tie many more knots in the end of this line.  I mean, a choreographed celebration...stupid penalties...interceptions...sigh...Okay.  The good...the Chiefs finally had the lead in a game and almost beat Pittsburgh.  Sigh...almost...

Okay, time for the picks.  Fantasy fans don't forget: Tennessee, Minnesota, NY Giants, and Seattle have byes this week.  Last week, I went 8-5, bringing my season total to 87-58.  Not bad.  


Sunday, November 18
Cleveland Browns vs. Dallas Cowboys:  Dallas
New York Jets vs. St. Louis Rams:  St. Louis
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  Kansas City (I'm going to give this one more try)
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Houston Texans:  Houston

Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions:  Green Bay
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Redskins:  Washington
Arizona Cardinals vs. Atlanta Falcons:  Atlanta
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers:  Tampa Bay

New Orleans Saints vs. Oakland Raiders:  New Orleans
Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots:  New England
San Diego Chargers vs. Denver Broncos:  Denver

Baltimore Ravens vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Baltimore

Monday, November 19
Chicago Bears vs. San Francisco 49ers:  Chicago

I'll be back Wednesday with my Turkey Day picks.  So, until next week, “I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.” ― Leo F. Buscaglia, yeah, I'm still floating on air :)

No comments:

Post a Comment