Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl 50 Edition


Happy Super Bowl 50, everybody!!! It may be clichéd, but it really all comes down to this: The Denver Broncos and The Carolina Panthers play for the Lombardi trophy. As a kid growing up as a 49ers fans, I watched my favorite quarterback Joe Montana win four Super Bowls. While as a Chiefs fan, well, I'm just happy they finally got past the second round this year.


The Carolina Panthers have been the best team in the NFL all year, while the Denver Broncos have had rather a shaky season before taking the AFC. FYI, congratulations to Cam Newton who was named NFL MVP and Ron Rivera who was named Coach of the Year.


It's the Youngster Cam Newton vs. the Sheriff Peyton Manning. Many people have been quoted as saying that this may be Peyton's last game. If so, it will be the end of one of the greatest careers in the NFL. Win or lose, Peyton Manning is a terrific quarterback. So, he doesn't have a slew of rings like Brady and Montana, neither did Jim Kelly, neither did Dan Marino, and heck Bret Favre only won one. I, for one, do not rely solely on Super Bowl rings. You need a whole team to win a Super Bowl. All parts matter, otherwise, Tom Brady would be here today defending his title.


Cam Newton is only five years old, and now, he is in the Super Bowl. I've not been a Cam Newton fan. Why? Because when I watch college sports I'm an LSU fan, so there is that. When I watch or care about the NFC, I'm usually watching the Saints or 49ers, so there is that. Yet, with all of his detractors, here he is. He has supported his teammates, and he has made his fans a part of the game. It's really hard not to root for Cam, especially since I'm petty as hell and hate the Broncos.


Now, my final NFL pick of the season: the Denver Broncos vs. The Carolina Panthers. Cam and his offense have been awesome this year, while the Broncos defense has been amazing. I know, they were my defense this year during my fantasy season. Be that as it may, I'm going with Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers. Now, watch Pey-Pey make me eat my words.


It's been a great season guys! Enjoy the Super Bowl!!!! It should be a great game regardless of the outcome!


Until next time, “You've achieved success in your field when you don't know whether what you're doing is work or play”-Warren Beatty.  I'll be back next week with my blog reactions to the mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment