Sunday, January 24, 2016

NFL Conference Championship Weekend...Stage 4

Welcome to Championship Weekend, ladies and gents. Yeah, no exclamation point because neither team that I picked for the Super Bowl is left in the dance. My Chiefs will once again not lift the Lamar Hunt trophy in victory. Sigh...I really cannot stand Tom Brady and the Patriots. I figure in my fandom stages of grief that I'm at Stage four-depression and reflection. Oh, how this could have been such a great story to look back upon if my Chiefs had been able to lift that Super Bowl trophy in San Francisco with Joe Montana handing the trophy to Andy Reid. Alas, it is not to be...



Instead, we are watching Brady vs. Manning XVII. The AFC Championship will once again involve Tom Brady and the Patriots and Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. During any other time in his storied career, this Chiefs fan, who lost a fair share of playoff games to Pey-Pey and the Colts, would root for Peyton Manning against the Emperor and Darth Vader. No, no...I like Darth Vader, and I'm not going to compare Brady to Vader. Vader, at least had some redeeming qualities. Belichick and Brady are more...Sauron and Saruman...yeah...just evil..., I apologize for the nerd digression. I could go into stats about who has won more, yards, blah, blah, blah, but truth be told, I wish both teams could fall into a large hole like the aforementioned villains, while all of their opponents cheered like the men of the West. As I said earlier, I would usually root for Peyton, but since he joined the Broncos, that so is not going to happen. In a game I absolutely care nothing about, I believe the Pats will win, again. Yeah, the hate is strong in this one...


I would like to say I care about the NFC championship game, but truth be told, I don't. I really don't. I have no feelings about either of these teams. I don't hate them, I don't root for them, I truly don't care about either of these teams. Yes, they have performed extraordinarily well this year. they have fought off the Packers and the Seahawks, and everybody else. They have been the best teams all year, and they both deserve to be here. I like Cam Newton somewhat, and I like Larry Fitzgerald somewhat. What do you want from me? They aren't Tony Gonzalez, so yeah, I'm not fawning over either. (Let's Face it, I'm strictly an AFC girl, and I only watched the NFC because the Chiefs saw fit to ship Tony G to the Falcons, and the Saints are pretty much the home team of my home town.) I have not dog in this fight, so I'm picking Carolina. They have been the best all year, and it would warm my cold heart to have Cam Newton flex a dab in Tom Brady's smug mug at the end of the Super Bowl.


That's all I've got. Until next week, we bid farewell with a tribute to the late Glenn Frey who passed away this past week, "Take it easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand, and take it easy...

We may lose and we may win, though we will never be here again
So open up I'm climbin' in, so take it easy"

No comments:

Post a Comment