Saturday, September 8, 2012

NFL Week One-The Saga Begins...

The first games of the season are less than 15 hours away!!! Who saw the bounty gate scandal ending the way it did?  Not me!  Good luck, Saints.  This time tomorrow night Peyton Manning will be taking the field for the first time in 19 months.  That should be really interesting.  Five rookie quarterbacks will be starting tomorrow.  Good luck to them.  No pun intended.  My Chiefs finally have Matt Cassel, Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles, and Tony Moeaki on the field again (even though no Tamba Hali).  Tony Gonzalez will be taking the field at Arrowhead for what may be the last time as a player.  Speaking of Tony Gonzalez, I just watched a fabulous interview with his former teammate Coy Wire.  By this point, you guys do realize that there will be a part of this blog dedicated to TG every week, right?  If you didn't get to see it here it is.



Sooo, I'm a I'm 0-1 so far.  I picked the Giants.  I know they start slow every year, and stupidly, I picked them.  Here is a recap of my other picks for the week.  P.S. I do this for fun.  If you bet money on my picks, well, Thomas Tusser and all...

Sunday, September 9
Indianapolis Colts at Chicago Bears-Chicago (good Luck, Andrew...you're gonna need it!)
New England Patriots at Tennessee Titans-New England (doesn't matter who is tossing for the Titans)
Buffalo Bills at New York Jets-Buffalo (Mark, please play well.  I can't take the Tim Tebowing all season)
Washington Redskins at New Orleans Saints-New Orleans (even without Sean Payton, do your job Jimmy Graham!!)
Jacksonville Jaguars at Minnesota Vikings-Minnesota
Atlanta Falcons at Kansas City Chiefs-Kansas City (There will be tears on my #88 jersey, y'all)
Philadelphia Eagles at Cleveland Browns-Philadelphia
St. Louis Rams at Detroit Lions-Detroit
Miami Dolphins at Houston Texans-Houston
San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers-San Francisco
Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals-Arizona
Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Carolina
Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos-Pittsburgh (I'm not ready to trust Peyton, just yet.  Oh, and I hate the Broncos.)

Monday, September 10
Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens-Baltimore
San Diego Chargers at Oakland Raiders-San Diego 

That's all I've got y'all.  Until next week, "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.  Know when to walk away and know when to run."~Kenny Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment