Saturday, September 22, 2012

NFL Week 3 Picks...

Welcome back guys and dolls!  Did you see what I saw on Monday Night Football?  I mean, other than Tony Gonzalez adding to this career touchdown total (97)-I see, you TG, acting like this is your first year in the league rather than your 16th.  Oh, BTW, Denver, did you just not see Tony?  The 6' 5'' 247lb. dude standing by himself in the endzone, y'all didn't seen him?  Monday Night's game between the Broncos and the Falcons...where do you begin?  A first quarter which shows 15 minutes but lasted an hour (thanks re-placement refs), minor skirmishes between the teams, or Peyton throwing to everybody in a Falcons' uniform?  Dear Roger Goddell, get the real refs back, because even when they screw up, it doesn't take this long.  Dear new refs...get it together.  As a former substitute teacher, put your foot down.  You can control the situation.  DO IT!  They're not going to hit you.  Man and woman up!



I don't even want to talk about my Kansas City Chiefs...I mean, getting dropped by the Bills.  Sigh...This week, they are heading 3 hours down the river from me to New Orleans...I'm hoping they can turn it around in the Big Easy... 



Eli and the Giants were basically playing with second stringers and still beat Cam Newton and the Panthers.  Now, Cam...I understand that you are a competitor, I get it...but you are not going to win any fans if you decide to adopt the Jay Cutler attitude.  It won't fly with the press, and it definitely won't fly with your teammates, as we heard from Steve Smith.  I know you are use to being a winner, but now you are in Carolina.  It's the NFL, and you are not going to win every game, and sometimes it will be a blow out.  Don't believe me?  Ask Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Drew Brees...Keep it together, young man...you'll be fine.



Speaking of young men, RGIII and the Skins dropped one to the St. Louis Rams, and RGIII felt the need to call out the Rams as a dirty team.  III, can I call you III?  It's a Jeff Fisher team.  They may not be dirty, but they will play all out, and probably will take short cuts (ask former Charger Shawne Merriman, Lorenzo Neal and current Charger Antonio Gates/none of those guys were the same after playing the Titans in 2007).  Be that as it may, two games into your career may not be the time to call them on it.  I'm just staying.  They play whistle to whistle in the NFL.  Don't be a Jay Cutler...



Anyway, I really, really like having NFL Football three days a week, but due to my grad school commitments, I can't always get my picks in before Thursday.  So, I'm going to pick the Thursday night games along with the Sunday and Monday night games.  Last week was a doozie...I went and anemic 7-8, bringing my two week total to 17-14...I know I can do better than that.  Let me see...

Sunday, September 23
Kansas City Chiefs vs. New Orleans Saints-New Orleans (sigh...please, please, please prove me wrong, Kansas City!!!!)
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Washington Redskins-Washington
New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins-New York
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Indianapolis Colts-Indianapolis
Buffalo Bills vs. Cleveland Browns-Buffalo
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Dallas Cowboys-Dallas
San Francisco 49ers vs. Minnesota Vikings-San Francisco
Detroit Lions vs. Tennessee Titans-Detroit
St. Louis Rams vs. Chicago Bears-Chicago

Philadelphia Eagles vs. Arizona Cardinals-Arizona
Atlanta Falcons vs. San Diego Chargers-Atlanta
Houston Texans vs. Denver Broncos-Houston
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Oakland Raiders-Pittsburgh
New England Patriots vs. Baltimore Ravens-Baltimore

Monday, September 24

Green Bay Packers vs Seattle Seahawks-Green Bay

Thursday, September 27
Cleveland vs. Baltimore-Baltimore

Until next time, “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.”~Lou Holtz
.

No comments:

Post a Comment