Saturday, December 3, 2016

NFL Week 13: Did You Just See What I Just Saw?

Welcome back, everybody!!!! I hope you have had a wonderful weekend! I know you cannot see my face right now, but I assure you that after last week's victory over the Denver Broncos, my Chiefs have me smiling and somewhat walking on air.  Did you see it?! Now, I'll admit that I am a bit superstitious. I don't really watch Chiefs games in their entirety.  Why? Because it seems that when I do they lose. I know, I know, that it is irrational. Heck, they won a game while I was actually in the building, but when I watch those national televised games they seem to do better when I'm not watching, which is why I was over on AMC watching one of the more boring episodes of The Walking Dead.  When I went back to the game the Chiefs were up, but then Denver came roaring back, and it looked as if the Chiefs were going to lose once again on national television. Against all hope, they tied the game, and it went to overtime. When I say I was under my covers, hiding my face during that overtime, I truly mean it. I had set the tv timer to go off, and I was peeking over the tops of my covers begging the Chiefs to find a way to win and not lose this game. Then, one of my new favorite players, Cairo Santos kicked a field goal that hit the upright and bounced in.  I thought it was no good. I thought it was no good and exploded out of the bed throwing covers everywhere. When the refs signaled, I screamed like a lunatic, like a raving lunatic!! The Chiefs (even though I did not pick them) had beaten the Broncos. Round 2 will come on Christmas night at Arrowhead.




Last week also marked a special occasion for Diana Dishes. Believe it or not, I posted my 300th post last week! It really crept up on me. I only realized today that my "Dead Viewing" post on "Swear" was post number 300. Not bad, I've posted about The NFL, politics, Tony Gonzalez, pop culture, books, Tony Gonzalez, Shawne Merriman, Stephen King, Harry Potter, and of course, Tony Gonzalez. There are not many posts that I regret, but I write what I write with little or no editing, because, I like to turn in a first draft of my work as it is as it comes to me. Keeping it simple.

Speaking of Tony Gonzalez, this week the Chiefs play the Atlanta Falcons in the Georgia Dome. One reporter dubbed it the "Tony Bowl."  The last time these two teams played it was at Arrowhead, the Falcons won, and Tony Gonzalez dunked for the last time at Arrowhead. Many Chiefs fans took umbrage to that event. I'm not most Chiefs fans, but to paraphrase Slim Pickens, I hope the Chiefs find it in their heart to roll into Atlanta and beat the Falcons until they were dead. Uhm, not dead, but badly, shaken...I'm okay, now, but I'm never going to forgive the Falcons for that hot mess of a last season they gave Tony Gonzalez, and their little to no attempt to trade him when everyone in the world knew the only place they were going was home.

The Cowboys won their 11th straight game, Green Bay broke their losing streak, New Orleans put a beatdown on Greg Williams and the Rams, and Oakland won their 5th game in a row. Ugh. Oakland. The Chiefs will welcome them to Arrowhead on Thursday Night Football. By the way, have you heard that the NFL is thinking of doing away with Thursday Night Football? Honestly, I wouldn't miss it. Half the time, if the Chiefs aren't involved I don't watch Monday or Thursday Night Football. 

Rob Gronkowski is done for the season after having surgery on his back. I once stated that Gronk would eventually be the greatest tight end ever, if he could stay healthy.  This is his third back surgery. He is still an awesome force, but he is going to have to learn how to play smarter. Darren Sharper, who I regret to say used to be a favorite of this page, was sentenced to 20 years in California for his multiple rape charges. I still cannot get over how disgusted I am that I thought he was a good guy. What a despicable human being he turned out to be. Twenty years is not long enough in my opinion.  

On Thursday, we found out that former Chiefs player Joe McKnight was killed in a road rage incident in New Orleans, just a few months after former New Orleans Saints player Will Smith was killed in a road rage incident. I can't believe that any thing in either of those situations merited a gun. How have we gotten to this point in our society that now we are willing to kill people because they cut us off? Seriously, I had a fender bender this year, and the guy got out yelling at me, even as I apologized.  I know cars are a great investment, but I have never valued my car over a person's life. That's what insurance is for. We, for all our bravado, appear to be a country afraid of each other. I just see this as another senseless tragedy that could have been avoided. Rest in Peace, Joe McKnight.

Last week, I improved to 111-65 after going 9-4 in my picks (yeah, I can't believe I didn't pick the Chiefs either).  My Lucille Swings team improved to 10-2 and is holding on to the top spot in my league, while Lochte and Loaded appears to be circling the drain after dropping a third game.  Bye teams this week are Cleveland and Tennessee.

Sunday, December 4, 2016
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Atlanta Falcons:  Kansas City
San Francisco 49ers vs. Chicago Bears:  Chicago
Detroit Lions vs. New Orleans Saints:  New Orleans
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Cincinnati Bengals:  Philadelphia
Houston Texans vs. Green Bay Packers:  Green Bay
Los Angeles Rams vs. New England Patriots:  New England
Denver Broncos vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jacksonville
Miami Dolphins vs. Baltimore Ravens:  Baltimore
Buffalo Bills vs. Oakland Raiders:  Oakland
Washington Redskins vs. Arizona Cardinals:  Arizona
New York Giants vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:  Pittsburgh
Carolina Panthers vs. Seattle Seahawks:  Seattle

Monday, December 5, 2016
Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Jets:  New York

Thursday, December 8. 2016
Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  Kansas City (I'm not picking Oakland over my Chiefs even if I think it's crazy.

Enjoy your week, everybody!!! Until next time, "Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally."-David Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment