Saturday, January 16, 2016

NFL Divisional Playoffs 2016


Welcome, welcome, welcome! Happy Divisional Playoffs, and may the odds be ever in your favor! And then there were eight...the divisional round of the NFL playoffs begins today, and for the first time in a long time my Chiefs are still standing! Now, I'm not going to get excited because the Chiefs drew the Patriots in Foxborough. Sigh...


Before we get to the games, the coaching carousal has begun. Chip Kelley leaves the East coast for the West coast taking the 49ers head coaching job. Hue Jackson has landed in Cleveland, Adam Gase is the newbie in Miami, Dirk Koetter is replacing Lovie Smith in Tampa Bay, and Ben McAdoo is headed to Jersey to coach the Giants. There is the all but the signing on the dotted line of Chiefs' offensive coordinator Doug Pederson headed to Philadelphia.


To the games. Last week, I went 3-1. I wanted to pick Green Bay, but honestly, they have had some sketchy play recently.


Saturday, January 16, 2016
Kansas City Chiefs vs. New England Patriots-Sigh, I really, really want to pick the Chiefs. Every body knows Tom Brady and Belichick have been formidable opponents for everyone for years. It frightens me when everyone picks my Chiefs. So, I'm going way out on a limb here picking my Chiefs to win. Please, please, please...*fingers crossed*


Green Bay Packers vs. Arizona Cardinals-Remember when I picked the Pack to go to the Super Bowl, but not to win last week. That hasn't changed. Now, look I know that Seattle drop-kicked the Cards in the mouth in their last game, and Green Bay showed a spark last week against Washington. Flipping a coin...Green Bay. Of course, Arizona will prove me wrong. 


Sunday, January 17, 2016
Seattle Seahawks vs. Carolina Panthers-I'm not going to even pretend to dwell here. I'm picking Carolina. I hated every moment of that Seattle/Minnesota game, and while Seattle has shown sparks of greatness this year, I believe Carolina is the better team.


Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Denver Broncos-My sister is one of those weirdo fans who has two favorite teams in the same conference. These are her two teams. Pittsburgh is playing with multiple injuries after that MMA game they played with Cincinnati last week.  Denver has rallied around the returning Peyton Manning. Sigh, makes me sick to say...Denver.


This past week, we lost two giants in the entertainment industry David Bowie and Alan Rickman. I was a fan of both-David Bowie, because of his music and his willingness to be the weirdest person imaginable thus making your feel comfortable in your own skin, and Alan Rickman, because he made you believe he was every character he ever played, and how I loved his bad guys, especially Severus Snape. Until next week-"Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened."~Theodor Seuss Geisel

No comments:

Post a Comment