Saturday, September 26, 2015

NFL Week 3: The Woe Train Just Rolls Along

Welcome back, everybody! This has been a really, really long week. My Chiefs last played over nine days ago and will not take the field again until Monday against the Packers. Now, while I have been waiting to see my boys, any other teams have been struggling. Case in point, the New Orleans Saints. the Saints can't seem to get on track in what may be the last year for Drew Brees as quarterback. Add to that a lost to the up-start Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the loss of Jimmy Graham, and a shoulder injury to Brees, and thing do not bode well in the Bayou. Fantasy fans, Brees is out this Sunday.

Speaking of Jimmy Graham, word is that he is unhappy with his role in the Seattle Seahawks offense, as the NFC Champs find themselves in a 0-2 hole to start the season. the Indianapolis Colts have joined the Seahawks in that hole in what may be coach Chuck Pagano's last season. In Chicago, Jay Cutler is out for two weeks with a hamstring injury.  RGIII is still on the bench, and Cleveland pulled out a win last week even though they aren't completely sold on Johnny Manziel as quarterback. You ever get the feeling that the NFL has turned into an episode of Dallas? Speaking of Dallas, they lost Dez Bryant to a foot injury, and now, they will be without quarterback Tony Romo who broke his clavicle. Whew...y'all know that there are some Tebow fans begging to get him a 5th-6th hot at the NFL.


My Chiefs, who are coming off a devastating lost to Peyton and the donks, are headed to Lambeau Field to take on Aaron Rodgers and the Pack.  Many have made a big deal over the fact that the Chiefs are on a couple of streaks. The first is that the Chiefs have never lost at Lambeau, and the second is that the Chiefs have almost completed a calendar year since their last touchdown by a wide receiver. About the wide receiver, as long as Travis Kelce continues to play like a young Tony Gonzalez (year three-on Tony Gonzalez, that is. I remember those first two years. Still love him though.), I'm cool with that. The Lambeau thing means absolutely nothing to me. Nothing at all. Zip. Zero. If a team can find a way to break a good streak, the Chiefs can find a way. Bad ones, not so much.


As I lament my Chiefs, I also have to lament my fantasy team which was massacred thanks to Peyton Manning. Yes, I'm still salty. Just Gonzo is in now in the same boat with the Seahawks and the Colts. Bah...I did dump Reggie Bush and picked up Darren Sproles, but Le'veon Bell is returning this week. I hope he is going to be well worth the first round pick my cable company used to draft him. Don't forget next week the bye weeks begin fantasy owners so plan accordingly.


Last week, I week I went 7-9 bringing my record to 17-15 on the season--a couple of games over .500, meh. Let's hope I turn it around this week.


Sunday, September 27, 2015
Oakland Raiders at Cleveland Browns: Cleveland (Because I still don't like or trust the Raider.)
Atlanta Falcons at Dallas Cowboys: Atlanta (Even though they are in Dallas, Dallas is missing weapons.)
Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans: Indianapolis (I expect them to right the ship this week.)
Pittsburgh Steelers at St. Louis: Pittsburgh (Come on Bell, I need some points!)
San Diego Chargers at Minnesota Vikings: San Diego
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots: New England (Brady, I need points, man!)
Philadelphia Eagles at New York Jets: New York (I don't think Philly will lose every game, but they won't win this one.)
New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers: Carolina (Saints are without Brees...sooooo.)
Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens: Baltimore (Where are you, Flacco?)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Houston Texans: Houston
San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals: Arizona
Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins: Buffalo (Tony Gonzalez loves them, so there you go.)
Chicago Bears at Seattle Seahawks: Seattle (No, Cutler, so I expect the Seahawks to bounce back.)
Denver Broncos at Detroit Lions: Denver (no comment)


Monday, September 28, 2015
Kansas City Chiefs at Green Bay Packers: Kansas City (Although I would not be surprised if Aaron Rodgers makes me eat my words.)


Thursday, October 1, 2015
Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers: Pittsburgh


That's it, y'all. Until next week, "Always save back up copy of your blog post, D, because you do not want to test your speed typing on a Sunday morning."-Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment