Saturday, September 19, 2015

NFL Week 2: Woe, Woe, Woe

I was completely excited everybody. So very excited. My Chiefs were going to be on national television, and for the first time, I was going to be able to participate in a Red day activity. Red days are celebrations before Chiefs home games. I usually don't participate in Red Fridays because my school has football games on Fridays, and I rock the school colors. This year, however, Red Thursday fell during our school's homecoming week, and it was costume day with the Seniors drawing the letter C (They traditionally hand out letters to each class to determine what their costumes.) I teach Seniors, so I was a Chiefs fan.



I was so excited! I had all my Chiefs gear right down to my Tony Gonzalez jersey and a Chiefs parking sign on my classroom door. The evening was so awesome. Will Shields was at the stadium being interviewed by Tony Gonzalez. The fans were out of their minds with excitement as Eric Berry made his return to Arrowhead after a battle with cancer.


The Chiefs took an early lead, and then each subsequent quarter found the Chiefs and Broncos tied. Now, both teams tried their best to give this game away on multiple occasions, but with a late touchdown by Knile Davis, the Chiefs looked like they had a chance to slip out the door with a victory. It was not to be. The Chiefs left too much time on the clock, and the frequent Bane of the Chiefs, Peyton Manning marched the Broncos down the field to tie the game. Then, the unspeakable happened. Instead, I don't know, taking a knee, the Chiefs try a run play with Jamaal Charles. Guys, you know that I love me some Jamaal Charles, but alas, he fumbled the ball, and some dude on the Broncos (I don't really care to say his name.) picked the ball up and ran it in stabbing every Chiefs fan in the stadium and around the world in the heart. We fans deserved better than that. Big ups to Tony Gonzalez though. He is really getting the hang of the reporter gig.


I don't even want to look at my fantasy team, because it was far to Chiefs heavy, and I predict that I will be 0-2 by the end of the week. Including mistakenly picking the Chiefs to win on Thursday night, I end the week with a 10-6 record with my picks. Not bad for week one in total. For those new to page, I pick Thursday night games with the Sunday Games. Fantasy Players, you still have two weeks before the bye weeks begin.


Sunday, September 20, 2015
Atlanta Falcons at New York Giants:  New York

Arizona Cardinals at Chicago Bears:  Arizona

Detroit Lions at Minnesota Vikings:  Minnesota
Houston Texans at Carolina Panthers: Houston
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills: New England
St. Louis Rams at Washington Redskins: St. Louis
San Diego Chargers at Cincinnati Bengals: San Diego
San Francisco 49ers at Pittsburgh Steelers: Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints: New Orleans
Tennessee Titans at Cleveland Browns: Tennessee
Baltimore Ravens at Oakland Raiders: Baltimore
Miami Dolphins at Jacksonville Jaguars: Miami
Dallas Cowboys at Philadelphia Eagles:  Dallas
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers: Green Bay
New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts: Indianapolis

Thursday, September 24, 2015
Washington Redskins at New York Giants:  New York

So, those are my picks for the week. Next week my Chiefs take on the Packers. I hope my wounds won't be cut open again witnessing them play on National TV.  Until next week,
"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."-Wilma Rudolph

No comments:

Post a Comment