Sunday, November 3, 2013

NFL Week 9...Is it too late to change my picks?

It is Week 9 in the NFL, and we have officially reached the halfway point.  I want to take a moment and say good well soon to Denver Broncos coach John Fox.  I'm not a Broncos fan, as a matter of fact, I hate the Broncos, but I never want to see a player or coach hurt or ill.  I like for my team to beat them at their best.  Best of luck, Coach Fox!


Once again, the NFL trade deadline has come and gone with nothing really happening.  Most people were speculating on the trade of my favorite player, Tony Gonzalez.  Alas, he is still an Atlanta Falcon.  Atlanta, I don't even know where to begin.  I can't wish more bad luck on you than you already have had.  Seriously, their defense is they think they are still capable of making the playoffs.  The rest of the world is giving your the strong side-eye Mr. Dimitroff.  I mean, according to most fantasy sites, the rule of thumb is to sit Tony Gonzalez, because they don't think he can do a whole lot with all of the double-teaming that teams are laying on him.  SMH...no playoffs, can't even pad your stats...Good luck, Tony.  I hope the Falcons can "rise up" out of this hole for your sake.


My Chiefs are the last undefeated team, and they are now 8-0.  That is all I'm going to say.  I don't want to jinx my Chiefs, and Buffalo always worries me, even with the 3rd or 4th string quarterback playing.  GO CHIEFS!!! Prove the naysayers wrong.



Since the season is at the halfway point, let's look back at the lunacy that I displayed at the beginning of the season when I made my "predictions."

AFC EAST-New England (yep)
AFC SOUTH-Houston Texans (nope, Indianapolis is in first, and Houston is a mess)
AFC NORTH-Cincinnati Bengals (yep)
AFC WEST-Kansas City Chiefs (I picked them, but even I didn't see the Chiefs at 8-0!)
Wildcards-Denver Broncos and Baltimore Ravens (Denver-yes, Baltimore, no right now it's the New York Jets.)

NFC EAST-Washington Redskins (nope, Dallas, but Washington is only 2 games out of first)
NFC SOUTH-Atlanta Falcons (my biggest mistake.  Saints)
NFC NORTH-Green Bay Packers (nailed it)
NFC WEST-San Francisco (so they are the wildcard)
Wildcards-Seattle Seahawks (they are in first) and New Orleans Saints (Saints are in first the other wildcard is Detroit)

AFC Champs-Cincinnati Bengals (could still happen. I know I laughed, too.)
NFC Champs-Atlanta Falcons (I love TG's optimism, but yeah, I can't see this. Saints or Seattle)

Dallas, Atlanta, and New England, why do y'all keep messing up momma's predictions?  Bye week teams:  Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers.  Last week, I had a respectable 8-4 record bring my total to 68-50. I want to go for perfection this week (won't happen, but let's see)

Sunday, November 3
Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills:  Kansas City
Tennessee Titans at St. Louis Rams:  Tennessee
San Diego Chargers at Washington Redskins:  Washington
Atlanta Falcons at Carolina Panthers:  Carolina (I want to pick Atlanta, but I can't pull the trigger)
Minnesota Vikings at Dallas Cowboys:  Dallas
New Orleans Saints at New York Jets: New Orleans
Philadelphia Eagles at Oakland Raiders:  Oakland
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Seattle Seahawks:  Seattle
Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns:  Baltimore
Pittsburgh Steelers at New England Patriots:  New England
Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans: Indianapolis

Monday, November 4
Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers: Green Bay

Thursday, November 7
Washington Redskins at Minnesota Vikings:  Washington

That's all folks!  Until next week: "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment