Sunday, November 17, 2013

NFL Week 11 Picks

It's week 11 in the NFL, and guess what?  My Chiefs are still undefeated, until tonight of course according to practically every NFL prognosticator in the land.  They continue to fawn over every move that Peyton Manning makes.  We get it, we get it, Peyton Manning is great. Peyton Manning is fabulous.  Peyton, Peyton, Peyton!!!!!  Chiefs fans are starting to feel like Eli, and Eli has two Super Bowl rings.  Don't get me wrong, I don't even I don't believe the Chiefs are going to end the season undefeated.  They are not a perfect team. There are multiple problems on offense, but seriously, no team is perfect. Let's give Andy Reid and the guys a little credit for turning a 2-14 team into a 9-0 team in a year. Alex Smith is doing what he is expected to do.  Not lose.  I'm okay with that. 


The Chiefs don't need gaudy numbers.  Their record speaks for itself.  The Chiefs are 9-0, and Vegas has made them a touchdown underdog.  Nice.  The Broncos aren't perfect either, and I'm not just talking about their record.  The Broncos' one loss is to the Colts who were blown out by the Rams and barely beat the Titans Thursday night.  I'm not saying; I'm just saying.  I love my Chiefs, and I, like the rest of Chiefs Nation, will be rooting for them tonight against the Denver Donks...I mean, the Broncos... Oh, by the way, Dwayne Bowe, really? You couldn't wait until the offseason for this foolishness, or better yet, not do it all?  I just...really?!?!


Speaking of underdogs, the Atlanta Falcons are this year's version of last year's version of the Chief.  They just haven't been able to live up to the #1 seed they were last year.  Injuries are stacking up, including my favorite Tony Gonzalez who just injured his toe (talk about adding insult to injury). Then, this week Jason Snelling was arrested for the drugs (just like Dwayne Bowe, really???) I really can't see anything good happening for the Falcons this year.  Sorry, TG, your career really shouldn't have had to end this way. 


Just wanted to take a moment to say two words that need to be repeated this week.  Jimmy Graham.  I don't really think you need anything else.  Love this kid!!


Last week saw bump in my picks with a 9-5 finish bringing my record to 85-60.  This week there are too many games that can go too many ways.  Here we go...

Sunday, November 17
New York Jets at Buffalo Bills:  New York
Baltimore Ravens at Chicago Bears:  Baltimore
Cleveland Browns at Cincinnati Bengals:  Cincinnati
Oakland Raiders at Houston Texans:  Houston
Arizona Cardinals at Jacksonville Jaguars:  Arizona
Detroit Lions at Pittsburgh Steelers:  Detroit
Washington Redskins at Philadelphia Eagles:  Philadelphia
Atlanta Falcons at Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Atlanta
San Diego Chargers at Miami Dolphins:  San Diego
San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints:  New Orleans
Green Bay Packers at New York Giants:  New York
Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks:  Seattle
Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos:  Kansas City (Yeah, I'm picking my team.  I'll take my lumps if they lose.)

Monday, November 18
New England Patriots at Carolina Panthers:  New England

Thursday, November 21
New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons:  New Orleans (I really wish the Falcons the best, but I can't see them beating the Saints.)

Until next week, "It kills me to lose. If I'm a troublemaker, and I don't think that my temper makes me one, then it's because I can't stand losing. That's the way I am about winning, all I ever wanted to do was finish first."-Jackie Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment