Sunday, November 6, 2011

NFL Week 9 Picks: A look back at the Folly...

It's week nine ladies and gentleman! It's hard to believe that the season is half over, but on the positive, my Chiefs are on a four game winning streak and tied for first in the AFC West!!! Now, I don't have any illusions that they will win the West, but it is awesome that they are still in the conversation. At the beginning of the season, I took a look at the NFL landscape and made bold predictions about how the season would unfold (not really, bold, but I made them none the less.)





Let's take a look at how I'm faring...

I chose the Jets to win the AFC East. Seriously, the Bills and the Patriots tied for first in the East? The Pats I could see, but the Bills? The Jets are exactly floundering yet, but they are 4-3, and they could still pull this thing out (I don't really believe that). Everyone could see that the Dolphins were going to be a hot mess, but to be 0-7. Yeah, I didn't think they would be that bad.

Mark Sanchez - New York Jets

In the North, I picked the Baltimore Ravens. What is the deal with the Ravens? They are just all over the place this year, and what is going on with Flacco? Pittsburgh is still ruling the roost in the North, but Cincinnati tied with Baltimore? Yeah, I missed that. Guess Cincy wasn't as bad as Carson Palmer thought.

Baltimore Ravens, NFL.

In the South, I picked the Houston Texans. That was dead on. Yet, I really did not see how bad the Colts would be without Peyton Manning. C'mon guys, Peyton doesn't play defense. The Colts are 0-8, worse than the Dolphins. Worse than the Dolphins...smh.

Matt Shaub

In the West, I picked the San Diego Chargers. Yeah, I think everyone knew the Broncos were going to be sucktastic. The Chargers-could there be a more frustrating team in the NFL. They just keep shooting themselves in the foot. They should have had that game Monday Night against the Chiefs, but Philip and the Chargers dropped the ball, literally. Now, the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders are all tied atop the AFC West. This should be fun. I will now like to rescind my pick of the Chargers as the AFC Champions. I would like to, but I made the pick.

Philip Rivers throwing

In the NFC East, I bought the hype and chose the Philadelphia Eagles. I still don't really know about the Giants who currently reside at the top of the East. I would like to have faith in Eli, but like many of the quarterbacks in the East, I trust him about as far as I can throw him. Tony Romo and the Cowboys, Vick and the Eagles, and QB du jour and the Redskins are currently battling for second place in the East. All with a 3-4 record.

Vick

In the NFC North, I, like any rational person, picked the Green Bay Packers. I joked when Ndamukong Suh predicted that the Lions could go 16-0. They are 6-2 which is still a surprise. A moment of silence for Donovan McNabb's career. It's been a good one, but wow, what happened? I still think the Pack have this in the bag, and more than likely, the NFC Championship.

Aaron Rodgers 2011-1

In the NFC South, I allowed my undying support for Tony Gonzalez to cloud my judgment and picked the Falcons to not only win the South but the NFC. Congratulations to Tony Gonzalez becoming the #2 receiver All-Time behind Jerry Rice!!! They are currently tied with the Bucs for second place behind the Saints. I still think the Falcons can take the South. The NFC? Yeah, not as much.

Falcons at Patriots - 9/27/09

In the NFC West, I don't really know what I was thinking when I picked the Rams. I am glad to see the San Francisco 49ers on top-the way it should be. The rest of 'em? Don't even deserve a mention.

49ers Football

Well, my record stands at 53-23. I didn't get to pick weeks 6 and 7 because of my computer issues. Let's hope I can stay above water (and viruses) for the rest of the season.
Sunday, November 6

San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Redskins-San Francisco
Seattle Seahawks @ Dallas Cowboys-Dallas
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints-New Orleans
Atlanta Falcons @ Indianapolis Colts-Atlanta Falcons
New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills-Buffalo
Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans-Houston
Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs-Kansas City

Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders-(can't they both lose?) Oakland
Cincinnati Bengals @ Tennessee Titans-Cincinnati
New York Giants @ New England Patriots-New England
Green Bay Packers @ San Diego Chargers-Green Bay
St. Louis Rams @ Arizona Cardinals-(flipping a coin) Arizona

Baltimore Baltimore @ Pittsburgh Steelers-Pittsburgh

Monday, November 7

Chicago Bears @ Philadelphia Eagles-Philadelphia

That's it everybody. Until next week, "You don't know when it's good or bad. You really don't know, because you don't know what we're trying to do, you guys don't look at the films. You don't know what happened. You really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will."~Jim Mora


2 comments:

  1. I actually think the Rams can beat the Cards, but I'd be afraid to bet a $1 on it. I also think the Giants can beat the Pats, but that may have been influenced by watching too much ESPN this week. Ugh. I like your picks though. Do you keep a record of your winning pct. for the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I pretty much agree on EVERY pick! *boggle*

    ReplyDelete