Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving...Turkey Day Picks

Happy Thanksgiving Wishes

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Everywhere throughout the country people are busy getting their turkey and fixings together to settle down for the grub fest of the year. You know, until Christmas...We gather the family together to give thanks for making it through another year together. I'd like to take a moment to thank those military men and women who protect this country. I also want to give a shoutout to my fellow teachers who are in the trenches every single day. I'm thankful for you guys, and even if the kids don't see it now, some of them will thank you someday, too. I'd like to thank God for my family, friends, and relatives. Every day, I know I'm blessed-even when they get on my last nerve, I am blessed to have them.

On a lighter note...My Kansas City Chiefs picked up Kyle Orton yesterday. I don't really know if this is a blessing or a curse...yet. Orton is so up and down as quarterback. On the other hand, we have Tyler Palko who has the distinction of being cut from the UFL, CFL, and 3 NFL teams after he went undrafted in the 2007 draft. Sigh...Maybe he can be Kurt Warner *shaking my head furiously as I type this.* He was 25-38 for 236 yards, but he had 3 interceptions and was sacked 3 times (hello, O-line would you like to protect our QB).

Enough, I'll get back to them on Sunday...Last week was my best week of the year!!! I was 12-1, Thanks Eli for messing up my perfect score. That brings my record to 78-39!!! Yeah, me!!! Okay, girlie moment over...Here are my thanksgiving picks...

Green Bay @ Detroit-Green Bay. Detroit finally got themselves together and beat Carolina last week, but this is not Carolina. It's a home game, it's the traditional Thanksgiving game, and I think Detroit is most definitely gonna put up a fight in this rivalry game. That said...I'm picking Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay.

Aaron Rodgers

Miami @Dallas-Dallas. Miami is on a roll, but I hate picking against Dallas. Dallas had me and their fans on the edge of their seats as they had to pull one out at the last minute against the Redskins, while the Dolphins spanked the I actually hate picking for Dallas as I do despise them third to the Broncos and Raiders. Yet, I'm picking Dallas. But for fun...



San Francisco 49ers @ Baltimore Ravens-It's the Harbaugh Bowl!!! Jim Harbaugh leading his San Francisco 49ers to Baltimore to take on brother John's Ravens. How is that the Niners are the quietest 9-1 team? Yeah, too busy talking about Tebow. What is with the Ravens? They are 7-3, but those 3 loses are to Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Seattle. Take moment to think about that...Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Seattle. Tennessee, maybe, but the other two have won 7 games-together. They are home tonight, and while it may go against my better judgment, I'm siding with big brother John and the Ravens.

John Harbaugh Ribbonless Helmet


Until Sunday, "Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence."~Erma Bombeck

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment