Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Blatantly stealing from Staples, the company tormenting teachers everywhere with their current campaign, I admit it is the most wonderful time of the year. Football season is just around the bend. The first of the training camps open two weeks from today, and I am looking to see how my favorite teams are prepping for the grueling season ahead. At the same time, I have other teams that I have to prepare. Those are my fantasy football teams. Now, last year I had five teams, and I was determined to keep it down this year. Currently, I have three teams. Because I am a teacher, I play in leagues open to the public that are playing just for fun. No money ever changes hands. This year, all of my teams currently reside at NFL.COM fantasy football. Espn has a great league, as does Fox. I have not played Yahoo in two years, but I have heard that they have improved to catch up with the others.

Next week, I have three live drafts. Next, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, I will be devouring my nails, scratching out names, and talking smack as I try to go for three different league championships.

My first league-The Hell Raisers. Our Live draft is June 25. There I will put together my team The Merry MadMen. This team is named after one of my favorite linebackers Shawne Merriman. My goal is to make this team a collection of psycho lunatics who take pleasure in inflicting pain.

My second league-Heavy Metal Football. Our Live draft is June 26. I have given this team the name Hecate's HellHounds. Hecate is the goddess of the new moon and often associated with evil deeds. She has become an incarnation of Artemis/Diana the goddess of the moon. See the connection. Hell Hounds. Well, I think that speaks for itself.

My third league-American Fantasy League. Our Live draft is June 27. This team is dedicated to two of my favorites-The movie Kill Bill and Tony Gonzalez. The team name is The Crazy 88s. Named for Lucy Liu's gang of henchmen, and of course, the Jersey number of former Kansas City Chief Tony Gonzalez.

I will be tweeting my progress as each round is completed, I will post my final roster after each draft. This weekend, I will be pouring over stats as I anxiously prepare for next weeks drafts. I have one goal and one goal only this year for each of my teams. I want to make the teams in my leagues "cry like girls and mop the floor with their tears." I'm coming for you boys!!!!! Ha-Ha-Ha. Y'all have a great weekend. See ya, next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment