Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dead Viewing: Season 8, Episode 1-"Mercy"

***WARNING***
***You may want to stop here.***
***There will be spoilers.***
***This is not a review. It is just my thoughts as I'm watching the show.***
***I update during commercials.***


What's up, y'all?! I'm back. Yeah, I'm still not doing football posts, but I am back in action for The Walking Dead! Well, I'm partially back in action. The season change is playing fast and loose with my sinuses, and the Benedryl may kick in at any moment, but I'm going to try to soldier on, guys.

Tonight is the 100th episode of our favorite show, and I have heard that it will be AWE-SOME!!!! Now, there has always been hype before, and it made us go, "meh," but after that last episode (which I'm rewatching now). I have high expectations. Let's hope none of our fair favorites die tonight. Negan's is that a tiger? face will never not be funny. Still miss Abraham, Glenn, and Sasha! 

Here we go!!!! Of course we open on Rick and a cane? Are we at a funeral? I hope this isn't one of those artsy episodes. Everybody getting ready to take out Negan. Are Daryl and Dwight passing notes? Yup. Rick giving one of his speeches. What is Tara writing and where is she getting these Twizzlers? Shiva just chilling in the back of a pickup truck. Rick, Ezekiel, and Maggie leading their people to battle. Are they just gonna talk? Are those Abraham and Glenn's graves or new ones? I hate these artsy episodes. Just tell the dang story.

I forgot that I need Jadis to die, too. Who is this trying to hope that Carl won't shoot him? This calls back to the first episode with the little girl. Carl. Rick is like I don't trust anybody anymore.  Daryl is taking out the lookouts. I guess his is getting intel from Dwight. Well, Morgan is helping to kill?  That's a shocker. Guess Morgan has gone full-Rick. Judith finally aged!!! So, how much time has passed? Rosita is ticked that she could not go. They are just taking out Saviors right and left. Rick just stabs dude who talks smack. They are going to stop threatening Carl. Annnnnnd that is why a walker is now eating him.

Maggie is still not showing? This time line is messed up. They have turned the RV into a tank. Seriously, how much time has passed? They love wasting bullets. Negan kills me the way he walks. How dare you interrupt Negan's meeting. This flashforward stuff what is it?
Now, back to the action. Rick is offering sanctuary to Negan's men. Gregory...that little turd. I hate that dude is a mess. I hate that dude. He really thinks that he is still in charge. No sympathy for Gregory. Yes, Jesus! The Hilltop stands with Maggie! Simon is ticked. Enjoy your trip, Gregory. That tumble is the least of his problems. A countdown Rick. So, Rick has lost all of his chill. Carol is still not entirely with the program. Maggie shooting that pistol reminds me of that Harlem Nights scene with Arsenio Hall. Bye to the RV...Rick is too focused. Don't save that dude. Gregory is going to get Gabriel killed. That son of ....I HATE GREGORY!!!!! 

So Carl went back and took that dude food. Gabriel got left behind. Sanctuary is over run, and Gabriel just ran into Negan. What is this flash forward business? What is this Rick? What is this? I'm so confused. Well, at least no one we loved died tonight...Until next week, y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment