Saturday, September 23, 2017

I am Taking a Knee...

Friends, Americans, Countrymen lend me your ears. I come to support Colin Kaepernick. Now many of you are angry because this man and several other NFL players kneeled during the National Anthem. Even our president has taken time from not talking about the devastation in the American territory of Puerto Rico to take these athletes to task and demanding that owners fire the son of a b****. My fellow Americans, you are mad about their act, but not the act they are protesting. Our country is not perfect and it never has been. There has been many evil things done under the mantel of the flag. I’m not here for that. As Americans, it is our duty to point out and attempt to fix problems in this country. U.S. Police officers have killed over 700 citizens this year alone. 963 were killed by police officers last year. Look at this 2015 stat. In England in 24 YEARS, there were only 55 fatal police shootings. In 2015, American police officers had 54 fatal shootings in the first 24 days of the year. Folks, that is a problem. In many of those cases, nothing outside of termination or suspension happened to them. Some have committed flat out murder and are still on the job. That is a problem. They need better training and support. This is what those men are protesting. To the dude who tried to throw out that Pat Tillman didn’t die for them to kneel, understand something, our government covered up the truth about Tillman’s friendly fire death. His family had to fight for the truth beneath a government created image. At the end of the day, my point is forced patriotism is not patriotism...

So, I will be taking a knee for the remainder of the football season. You really have no idea how hard this is for me to not partake in the watching a sport I love, especially when my team is performing well. I know that some of you will not return to my little site after this. That's okay. No hard feelings. This is larger than that. I will be watching Harry Potter and ID Network tomorrow. I will be back on October 22 for the premiere of my weekly live blog of The Walking Dead.

Until next time, “Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. Both words are normally used in so vague a way that any definition is liable to be challenged, but one must draw a distinction between them, since two different and even opposing ideas are involved. By ‘patriotism’ I mean devotion to a particular place and a particular way of life, which one believes to be the best in the world but has no wish to force on other people. Patriotism is of its nature defensive, both militarily and culturally. Nationalism, on the other hand, is inseparable from the desire for power. The abiding purpose of every nationalist is to secure more power and more prestige, not for himself but for the nation or other unit in which he has chosen to sink his own individuality.”― George Orwell


No comments:

Post a Comment