Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl Sunday!!!

Hello again, everybody!  Sorry I was MIA last week...Grad school takes precedence over practically everything these days...(4 more months!)  What has happened since we last met?  Donald Driver announced his retirement.  Ray Lewis was accused of taking some funktified form of a banned substance.  Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend was actually a dude pretending to be a girl.  Adrian Peterson won the NFL MVP and Offensive MVP.  Congratulations!!! Peyton Manning won Comeback player of the year.  J. J. Watt won Defensive player of the year.  Robert Griffin, III won Offensive Rookie of the year.  Luke Kuechly wons Defensive Rookie of the Year. Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers had an interesting moment at the NFL Honors.


Congratulations to Bill Parcells,Warren Sapp, Cris Carter, Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen the Hall of Fame Class of 2013.  Good luck next year to two of my faves Michael Strahan and Will Shields.

Well, another NFL season is coming to an end *wiping tears.*  I tell you.  It was a good one, well not for my Chiefs, but it was a good one nonetheless.  So after the confetti falls tonight on one Harbaugh brother or the other, we like them will start the countdown to the beginning of the first game of the season pointing out landmarks such as the draft, mini-camps, training camp and pre-season.  FYI:  there are 214 days until the tenatively scheduled start of next season Thursday, September 5.


Now, I'm prepping for MLB and my Braves, while waiting for the will he or won't he with the Atlanta Falcons. 

As you have heard a million times over the past few weeks about the Harbaugh Bowl.  You have heard it analyzed 9000 different ways including a large part of the pre-game for the Pro Bowl.  By the way, NFL brass, let's change a few things about the Pro Bowl shall we?  #1-Bring back the skills competitions.  They were cool and 90% of the reason I watched any Pro Bowl coverage.  #2-Bring back the alumni touch football game.  They were fun to watch as well.  #3-This year was a little better, but if you don't make it a little more interesting, you're going to lose more of those fans.  #4-Finally, never, EVER begin with Train unless they are doing the National Anthem.  Nothing says go out and play hard like "Hey, Soul Sister."

I'm not going to spend all day discussing the game.  Most of us are a little burned out between the endless analysis and Beyonce promos.  As I've posted before, I grew up a San Francisco 49ers fan.  Joe Montana and Jerry Rice are two of my all time favorite players, and I cut my NFL teeth on the 49ers of the 80s.  Even as my loyalty shifted more toward the Chiefs, I always root for the 49ers (even though I really wanted TG to win).  The 49ers were also my beloved grandmother's favorite team. My pick for Super Bowl XLVII is the San Francisco 49ers, and I will be cheering them on for my Momma Dear.

Until next time, "Closing time, Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end..."~Semisonic

No comments:

Post a Comment