Saturday, January 14, 2012

Divisional Playoffs Weekend...or Why I'm a Bad Person...

It's Divisional Playoff weekend, everybody. The Elite Eight. New Orleans Saints vs. San Francisco 49ers; Denver Broncos vs. New England Patriots; Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens; New York Giants vs. Green Bay Packers. Last weekend, every home team won. I was 2 for 4. Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta...only 2 points? God Bless, him...I hope he does, but it's getting harder to imagine TG winning a Super Bowl, much less a playoff game. Pittsburgh...I have nothing but disgust for you.

Falcons vs. Packers

Last weekend, a person on Twitter made the following declaration. "If you don't like Tebow, you are a bad person." Well, anonymous person on Twitter who I no longer follow, I don't like Tebow. Once again, I think Tim Tebow the person is a great guy. I think he is an awesome role model. I don't even blame him for the media shoving him down my throat for the last week, because they have obviously forgotten those debacles against the Chiefs, the Bills and, oh, yeah, the Patriots. That's right, he's walking on water this week because he pulled a Doug Flutie.

Tim Tebow

Well, I'm not rooting for Tebow this weekend. That's right, I'm rooting for the Evil Empire-Emperor Belichick and Darth Brady. Why you may ask? Because I'm a hater, and like Mayhem, it's what I do. My team is at home, the Chargers are at home, the Raiders are at home, so where do I want Denver-Rocky Mountain high watching the Conference title games and the Super Bowl from the comforts of their luxurious homes. If my Chiefs can't be there, I refuse to root for any team that comes from the AFC West. Especially, not Denver. Not Denver, ever. As a result, I will not root for Tebow. Why? Because he plays for Denver. You root for him, if it makes you happy. I'll be over here hoping Brady will drop a double-nickel on Tebow like his idol Montana did to Elway in Super Bowl XXIV.

Joe Montana

That said, here are my picks sure to go absolutely wrong.

Saturday, January 14:

New Orleans Saints at San Francisco 49ers : New Orleans

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots : New England

Sunday, January 15:

Houston Texans at Baltimore Ravens : Baltimore

New York Giants at Green Bay Packers : Green Bay

That's all I've got everybody. You enjoy your three day weekend. I know I will. Until next time, "He's a good running back. he does a good job for them."~Brian Urlacher. Because it's what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment