Sunday, December 13, 2009

They said it couldn’t be done…Wrong…Wrong!

Welcome back, y’all! Week Thirteen of the fantasy football season is over and depending on which fantasy company you use you are in your final week or the first week of the playoffs. This article will be completely free of that news story that has dominated the airwaves, newsprint, and blogs for the last two weeks. So what’s up in the world of football? Jonathan Babineaux was arrested with the marijuana. Mike Vrabel told Josh “Little Hoodie” McDaniels and the Broncos that they were #1. Chad Ochocinco was fined $30,000a ponco and sombrero on the sidelines after a TD. Shawne Merriman sued Tila Tequila for copyright infringement (could I sue her for causing involuntary bouts of dry heaves brought about by her mere appearance? I'm just saying...). My favorite Tony Gonzalez took a child to school this week and proclaimed his undying optimism to the AJC. I love Tony...He could find a positive in a trainwreck. Flozell Adams added $50,000 to his NFL Fine tab which is now at $75,000. Brett Favre and the Vikings went into the desert and came out losers. A guy just as old as Brett, Kurt Warner took it to Brett and reminded everybody that even though they lost, they did go to the Super Bowl last year...Hey, Larry Fitzgerald...I see ya...The New Orleans Saints left Washington wondering what happen as they stole the game from the Redskins in overtime to remain undefeated. The Colts brought the Titans win streak to an end, which is fitting considering it began after Jeff Fisher donned a Peyton Manning jersey. Matt Ryan is dealing with turf toe, Michael Turner is dealing with an ankle, and Tony Gonzalez is living in denial as the Falcons were handed a spanking by the Philadelphia Eagles. Pittsburgh lost to Oakland and Cleveland in the span of four days (not to mention losing to my Chiefs *kicking while down*). JaMarcus "I too am in denial" Russel can't figure out why he is on the bench while Bruce Gradkowski is showing glimpses of Ken Stabler for the Raiders. Kansas City just let Denver score another touchdown. Dallas and New England both lost to division rivals and still received more press than the Colts and Saints who are undefeated and the Chargers who are on a seven game win streak. Oddly enough, Philip Rivers has done more in the playoffs and performed better in December than Tony Romo, but you wouldn't know that if you watch the mainstream press. Now to my the debacle that has been my fantasy season...

Fantasy football is a lot like the real NFL on any given Sunday anybody can win. Last week I went 1-1-2...Two Ties...Smh...I just don't know...

The Merry Mad Men (8-5) v. New Jersey Girls
My Merry Mad Men took on The Last Cowboy of the Hell Raisers League. I played the following team: QB-Kurt Warner, RBs-LaDainian Tomlinson and Ricky Williams, WR-Donald Driver, Santonio Holmes, Reggie Wayne, TE-Tony Gonzalez, K-Nate Keading, DST-San Diego Chargers.
My MadMen was the only team that had an out and out victory last year. They go into the final game of the season 8-5. Santonio Holmes had a big game in the Steeler lost against the Raiders. LaDainian had great game, but my Player of the Week was Kurt Warner, who even with a bad hip, beat old man Brett Favre limping off the field with 29 points. The Merry Madmen edged New Jersey Girl with a 106-105 victory.

Hecate’s HellHounds (5-8) v. Satans Children
Even with Drew Brees this team could not get out of its own way. Last week was no different as we limp to the finish line with another loss. My starting lineup: QB-Drew Brees, RBs-Ryan Grant and Ricky Williams, WRs-Nate Burleson, Santonio Holmes, Donald Driver, TE-Tony Gonzalez, K-Olindo Mare, DST-San Diego Chargers. My Player of the Week was, of course, Drew Brees with 26 points. Satans Children kicked the HellHounds 100-90...

The Crazy 88’s (6-6-1) v. Green Machine
Oddly enough the 88's ended last week in a tie with Donovan McNabb at the helm. I've seen my future with the 88's, and it's about as bright as Charlie Weis' career with Notre Dame. I started QB-Donovan McNabb, RBs-Julius Jones and LDT, WRs-Donald Driver, Reggie Wayne, Mike Wallace, TE-Tony Gonzalez, K-Dan Carpenter, DST-San Diego Chargers. Donovan McNabb was my Player of the Week with 16 points. Blah-blah-blah, They tied Green Machine 71-71.

Gonzalez menos un Gonzalez (6-7) v. Kiss the Baby
Team Gonzalez menos un Gonzalez has had an up and down year. The team had a name change after losing Anthony Gonzalez. We have not had a reliable quarter back, and we were never above .500. But, GMG has done something that no NFL team has ever done. We won our division and are going to the playoffs (we will lose in the 1st round). I don't know how we did it, but we did...LOL... I lined-up with: QB-Mark “I’m only a rookie” Sanchez, RB-LDT, and Cedric Benson, WR-T. J. Houshmandzadeh, Mike Wallace, and Larry Fitzgerald, TE-Tony Gonzalez, K-Dan Carpenter, DST-San Diego Chargers. LaDainian Tomlinson was my Player of the Week with 14 points. Wish us luck as the Gonzalez menos un Gonzalez tied Kiss the Baby 79-79 on their way to their first playoff game.

Well, that’s all I’ve got guys. This week is the final week of the fantasy football season for three of my teams. Playoffs begin next week. Good Luck to you guys during week 14. Until next week, kids… I’d like to leave you with this from Coach Herman Edward, "I know one thing - after the cloud leaves, there's a rainbow. When that comes, I don't know." Have a good fantasy week, y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment