Sunday, February 10, 2019

Dead Viewing: Season 9, Episode 9: Adaptation

***WARNING***
***You may want to stop here.***
***There will be spoilers.***
***This is not a review. It is just my thoughts as I'm watching the show.***
***I update during commercials.***
Remember, I'm just writing what I see and reacting.


Welcome back, everybody!!!! Almost time for the Mid-season premiere. Usually, I'm a little more stoked about the return of The Walking Dead. This time I'm a little, meh. I just heard that Danai Gurira is leaving next season, and well, I'm just a little sick of learning new people. As a teacher, I do this all the time. New year, new set of kids, I mean, do I really need that in my entertainment. I read an article today that said they like the idea of cycling out the cast and bring in new people, well, not me. I'm really a creature of habit, and I like my casts. If it gets to the point that you need an entire new cast, call the time of death on the show. Like Law & Order or Criminal Minds, the show starts to lose the chemistry. I actually loved both of those shows, and I eventually stopped watching them for that reason. It wasn't the same show any more, and as much as, I love Carol and Daryl, I think I'm not going to feel the same once Michonne (and possibly Ezekiel) exit, but on to tonight's episode.

When we last saw out group of friends, they had figured out that some of the walkers were people in disguise. The Whisperers and they had surrounded them in the graveyard, and this is where we begin. Our guys take out a couple of Whisperers before they manage to escape and lock the walkers in the cemetery. Of course, the Whisperers are among them to open the lock.

Ugh, Negan sneaking out of his lair. Thanks a lot, Gabriel. Checking in on Judith, Negan? Why would he wait until daylight to leave? Judith with the Rick revolver. That's a lot of big talk from a little girl Judith. Negan promising not to hurt anyone?  Really, kid? She is really letting Negan go. She tells him, if she sees him again she will shoot. She also tells him to keep the compass that he stole from her room. I would have shot him. Luke is going out with Alden to find our group. Michonne and the rest coming back she and Daryl apologized to each other for not finding Rick. They hear and dog senses that they have walker company. New kind or original recipe, good one Eugene. They capture one of the Whisperers, a girl. 

Travels with Negan, a new AMC series coming this fall. Man, I hate this dude. Ugh, a BBQ zombie...drinking that water had to be a bad idea Negan, and...it comes back. Learned that from Naked and Afraid. Hilltop finally learns about Jesus.  I forgot Henry was still in the tank, and Daryl tells him about Jesus, while Tara and Michonne prepare to interrogate the Whisperer girl. Negan is exploring an old abandoned sporting goods store. Finds a crank light. Didn't know they still had those. He sees that the last occupant had set up a mannequin family before shooting himself in the head. He finds a replacement leather jacket before some dogs make him take higher ground. He escapes into the arms of a walker that he traps with the dogs.

I forgot that Alden and Luke were looking for the group. They find some of Yumiko's arrows, and they here the walker herd. 

So, my computer had a burp. Quick review. The Whisperer girl game them no new information, Rosita is pregnant with Siddiq's baby (?), Eugene wanted to propose, but had to listen to her tell him this. Daryl criticizes Henry for his choices. Negan has made it back to Sanctuary, which is a dump right now. 

Aaron tells Michonne that she was right that they all should be about protecting their own now. Michonne tells Daryl that he should stay and help Tara run Hilltop. He doesn't really want to. They also realize that Alden and Luke should have made it back, but they haven't. Negan sets about cleaning up the Sanctuary and killing some lose walkers including "Big Richie" one of his former Saviors. He looks at Judith's compass, before he finally kills the Big Richie zombie.

After Jesus's funeral, Daryl goes back to interrogate the girl some more. He gets some more information from her, but she is still lying. She tells him that there were only 10, and it is just her mother out there. Henry convinces Daryl to leave her alone. She tells Henry that her name is Lydia, while Daryl is outside listening. Negan is making his way back to Alexandria. Judith shoots his motorcycle from under him. He tells Judith that he doesn't really like it outside of his 10x10. Alden and Luke still have not made it back. Alden and Luke are surrounded by Whisperers who has a shotgun on them. Until next week, y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment