Sunday, November 4, 2018

Vaya Con Dios, Rick Grimes...

Dear Andrew Lincoln,

I want to take this time to say thank you for playing the character of Rick Grimes for the past nine seasons of The Walking Dead. I did not know much about you before you appeared on the screen as our Deputy Rick. Yet, I have become a fan over the last few years. Rick Grimes is one of my favorite The Walking Dead characters, and I will miss the character greatly, as well as, the actor who plays him.

I'm not going to be bitter like many fans, who have declared that they will no longer watch the show when you leave. I'll continue watching as long as the show entertains me, and at this point, it has never ceased to entertain me. I understand your decision. I'm a sports fan. I had to deal with my favorite players leaving the team or being traded from the team. It happens. Life happens. Your life is your life, and I would never ask you to continue to do something you didn't want to do, just because as a fan I still want you to. It's not my place, nor is it the place of the other The Walking Dead fans.

Now, here we are 25 minutes before the beginning of your final episode. I'm a little sad, but I don't like surprises, so I'm glad that I know that this will be the end. That said, I hope they don't kill off the character. I would love a Rick Grimes surprise somewhere down the line (not in flashback form). So, I'm not going to say goodbye, I'm going to say see ya, later. Thank you for making Rick Grimes a real boss character (I'll never forget that throat biting scene). Thank you for helping to make The Walking Dead a great show. Thank you to your family who has had to share you with us all these years. Enjoy your freedom from the dead...

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment