Thursday, September 8, 2016

NFL Predictions Sure to Bite the Dust: 2016 Edition


Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!! It is right around the corner ladies and gentleman! After months and months of not always patiently waiting, the 2016 NFL Season is upon us!! Game one is tomorrow night with a Super Bowl rematch between the Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos. Now, there is no secret that I have nothing but animosity for both of these teams, but I hate the Broncs more sooooo, GO PANTHERS!!!!

So what's in the news: Tony Romo received his annual injury during pre-season, Tom Brady is suspended (smiles), Peyton Manning is retired (smiles), Drew Brees is attached to the Saints for another year with a guaranteed $44.25 million, nice work if you can get it.


Peyton Manning has finally ended his reign of terror over my beloved Chiefs. Now, he will just terrorize us with the endless stream of Directv Commercials (shame on you, Lionel Richie). With Peyton starting his acting career and Brock Osweiler in Houston, the Broncos will be helmed by Trevor Siemian who basically held Peyton's clipboard for the past two seasons. Good luck, kid! Ans by luck, I mean, I hope you suck every bit as bad as Peyton was good. (Yeah, I still hate the Broncos. Sorry...not sorry.)


The Dallas Cowboys, a team I have nothing but disdain for, is starting the season with their Captain on the disabled list...again. Seriously, the only thing holding Tony Romo together at this point is dental floss and duct tape. You can give this guy the side-eye, and he will collapse. As a result of Tony Romo annual collapse, the Boys will be starting Dak Prescott. While I'm not a fan of Mississippi State, I root for anyone who represents my home state (except Brett Favre, because forget Brett Favre). Now, I'm not going to be rooting for the Cowboys, but this young man has multiple college records and Mississippi State records under his belt. While that did not bode well for Tim Tebow, per se, (FYI, really Mets, really!!???), I'm looking for good things from young Mr. Prescott.  Good luck, young man, may your stats be great, and the Cowboys lose every game. (Yes, I know, I am petty.)


Tom Brady is suspended...


Colin Kaepernick, of course, has been the topic of conversation for the last two weeks. I haven't said a lot about this, but here is my two cents. Colin Kaepernick has every right to do whatever he wishes to do during the National Anthem. Our behavior during the National Anthem is a courtesy. It is not a requirement nor a law for a citizen to stand nor honor. I have classmates who would neither stand for the Pledge nor the anthem because according to their religion they felt that it was  form of idolatry. There are many problems that our country needs to resolve, and police brutality is a problem we should all want to be eliminated. This is what he is protesting. Racism is still a problem that is deeply rooted in America. This is what he is protesting. I don't care if you don't like it. It's his right, and I support him. As the great Mississippi Nobel Prize Winning writer William Faulkner once said, "Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth." FYI, where were y'all's protest when Bruce Miller beat up a 70 year old man? I'm not saying, I'm just saying. P.S. that anthem really wasn't written for the black people...just facts folks...


I drafted my fantasy team last night. Team Lucille Swings consists of Cam Newton, Dez Bryant, Jeremy Maclin, Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Peterson, Spencer Ware, and Travis Kelce. I should have probably called them the Golden Boys....


Last year, I finished the season with a 144-97 prediction record. Pray for me y'all...Here are my predictions sure to fail. There is no rhyme or reason to these choices...Just laugh your way through them like I will do in January...

NFC East-New York Giants
NFC South-Carolina Panthers
NFC North-Green Bay Packers
NFC West-Seattle Seahawks
Wild Cards-Dallas, New Orleans

AFC East-New England Patriots
AFC South-Indianapolis Colts
AFC North-Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC West-Kansas City Chiefs
Wild Cards-Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos
NFC Champs-Carolina
AFC Champs-Kansas City, just kidding, New England
Super Bowl Champs-Carolina

Now for the week one picks...

Thursday, September 8, 2016
Carolina Panthers at Denver Broncos: Carolina


Sunday, September 11, 2016
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons: Tampa Bay
Minnesota Vikings at Tennessee Titans: Tennessee
San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs: KANSAS CITY, was there any doubt?
Oakland Raiders at New Orleans Saints: New Orleans
Cincinnati Bengals at New York Jets: Cincinnati
Cleveland Browns at Philadelphia Eagles: Philadelphia
Green Bay Packers at Jacksonville Jaguars: Green Bay
Buffalo Bills at Baltimore Ravens: Baltimore
Chicago Bears at Houston Texans: Chicago
Miami Dolphins at Seattle Seahawks: Seattle
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys: New York
Detroit Lions at Indianapolis Colts: Indianapolis
New England Patriots at Arizona Cardinals: Arizona


Monday, September 12, 2016

Pittsburgh Steelers at Washington Redskins: Pittsburgh
Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers: San Francisco


It's a new NFL Season, Y'all!!! Good luck to all your teams, unless they are Oakland, Dallas, and Denver...


Until next week, "Now that the night is over, And the sun comes Like a god into our room, All perfect light and promises." INXS and I say enjoy the game!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment