Saturday, October 27, 2012

NFL Week 8 Picks

What's up, y'all?  Last week was a rather depressing week for me.  My Chiefs were on a bye, and yet, still managed to lose by declaring Brady Quinn the starting quarterback for week 8.  Did I mention he has a career 10 touchdown/11 interception total.  I'm thrilled!!!! For those who don't know me well, that was sarcasm. It's rivalry week as the Chiefs take on their arch rivals the Oakland Raiders, and NFL fans collectively, yawn.  The Chiefs are 0-3 at home; the Raiders are 0-3 on the road.  *dramatic movie voice* "Something has to give."  Probably, my lunch...
  

There was a time when this was one of the most storied rivalries in the NFL, but let's face it, both of these teams are floundering at the bottom of the league due to myriad of bad juju...alas, it shall only be interesting to Chiefs and Raiders fans, and even they are sighing.  Plus...Plus...the Chiefs will lead off week 9 on Thursday Night Football against the San Diego Chargers.  Two Chiefs games in 5 days.  I can't stand it!!!  Not really...


The Saints played the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this weekend without my Jimmy Graham who is a little hurt.  They had some stuff happen in court, too, that I generally am sick of hearing about.  Here's a little Jimmy to make me feel better.



The Falcons are coming off of a bye which would normally mean no Tony Gonzalez for me.  NOT...Thanks to FOX NFL Sunday, there was Mr. Gonzalez in all of his debonair glory.  


This week TG, Matty Ice, and the boys travel to Philly to take on former Falcon Michael Vick and the Eagles.  Over/Under on how many fumbles Vick has?  TG is still one TD away from 100.  Speaking of TG, did I mention that I am going to see him play against the Saints in New Orleans in two weeks?  Tony Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham in the same building...O happy day!!!  It's going to be like watching a tennis match. 
 Well, on the "prognosticating"...Last week, I was 10-3 that was awesome.  My record is now 62-42-a full 20 games over .500.  Fantasy fans, don't forget Buffalo, Cincinnati, Baltimore, and Houston all have a bye this week.

Sunday, October 28
Carolina Panthers vs. Chicago Bears:  Chicago
Washington Redskins vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:  Pittsburgh
Atlanta Falcons vs. Philadelphia Eagles:  Atlanta
Seattle Seahawks vs. Detroit Lions:  Seattle

New England Patriots vs. St. Louis Rams:  New England
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Green Bay Packers:  Green Bay
Miami Dolphins vs. New York Jets:  New York
Indianapolis Colts vs. Tennessee Titans:  Indianapolis
San Diego Chargers vs. Cleveland Browns:  San Diego

Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  Kansas City (Please, Please, Please, Please, Please...)
New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys:  New York
New Orleans Saints vs. Denver Broncos:  New Orleans

Monday, October 29
San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals:  San Francisco

Thursday, November 1
Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Diego Chargers:  Kansas City

That's all I've got guys and gals...Until next week, You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.”~Jason Mraz

No comments:

Post a Comment