Saturday, September 17, 2011

NFL Week Two Picks: The "Did that just Happen?" Edition

Welcome to Week 2 of the 2011 NFL Season!! I hope last week was a good week for your teams, because it was a craptastic performance for some of my favorites. Honestly, The Chiefs are my team, but there are some teams that I root for from time to time. Take for example the New Orleans Saints who lost to the Pack on opening night, the Atlanta Falcons who were dismantled by the Bears as I watched, and of course, my Chiefs seemed to forget that they won their division last year as they were spanked heartily at Arrowhead Stadium by the Buffalo Bills. Let me say that again, the Buffalo Bills. *Winks, head nod* What's up, Shawne Merriman?

Matt Cassel - 1

Good news: Tony Gonzalez moved within 5 catches of moving past Terrell "I have no foreseeable job prospects besides my reality show" Owens for 5th place all time in receptions. T.O. currently has 1,078 while T.G. has 1,074. I don't think I need to remind you all that T.G. is a Tight End, right? Good luck, Tony. See you in second place at the end of the year!!! Only on this list. I'm sticking to my pick of the Falcons as Super Bowl Champs.

Tony Gonzalez meets the Dome crowd for the first time

San Francisco looked good this past week. My hatred for both the Raiders and the Broncos is intact. Actually, it may be at an all time high, because the Raiders are ahead of my Chiefs, and the Chiefs are tied with the Broncos. Wait...

Bad news: See the above sentence. Man, the Colts looked bad. Oooh, man, did they look bad. Speaking of Mannings...Eli. Eli, you'd be second to Peyton even if you weren't born there. Tom Brady is the greatest thing since sliced bread, blah, blah, blah...I better be careful saying good things about Tom Brady. Tedy Bruschi may pop off on me like he did Chad Ochocinco. Who knew that "Good Guy" Tedy had Summer's Eve tendencies?

Oh well, surprisingly, I finished the week 9-6. Let's see if I can do better (You, too, Giants, Cowboys, Falcons, Saints).
All times are Eastern.

Sunday, September 18

Kansas City Chiefs @ Detroit Lions (CBS 1PM) -Kansas City Chiefs (I have absolutely no faith in this pick, but I do not pick against my team, even, when rationally, picking against them would be the right thing to do.)
Oakland Raiders @ Buffalo Bills (CBS 1PM)-Buffalo Bills (I can't pick the Raiders two weeks in a row. Doing such would cause a massive case of acid reflux.)
Baltimore Ravens @ Tennessee Titans (CBS 1PM)-Baltimore Ravens (Ray Lewis is collecting hearts for his annual buffet. I can't see this changing this week)
Jacksonville Jaguars @ New York Jets (CBS 1PM)-New York Jets
Cleveland Browns @ Indianapolis Colts (CBS 1PM)-Cleveland Browns (Yeah, I have zero faith in the Colts. They will win at some point, but not this Sunday)
Chicago Bears @ New Orleans Saints (FOX 1PM)-New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks @ Pittsburgh Steelers (FOX 1PM)-Pittsburgh (The Steelers are angry after that embarrassment last week. Nice knowing you, Tavaris)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Minnesota Vikings (FOX 1PM)-Tampa Bay (Hopefully, Tampa can redeem themselves. What is wrong, Donovan? Who hurt you?)
Green Bay Packers @ Carolina Panthers (FOX 1PM)-Green Bay
Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Redskins (FOX 1PM)-Washington

Dallas Cowboys @ San Francisco 49ers (FOX 4PM)-San Francisco 49ers (As a child I was a huge 49ers fan, as such, I cannot in good conscience pick the Cowboys. *Side note: Honestly, I wish this rivalry had as much bite to it today as it did in the 80s.)
San Diego Chargers @ New England Patriots (CBS 4:15PM)-New England (I wanted to pick Philip and the Chargers, but the Pats are at home, and they are the Pats.)
Houston Texans @ Miami Dolphins (CBS 4:15PM)-Houston
Cincinnati Bengals @ Denver Broncos (CBS 4:15PM)-Cincinnati

Philadelphia Eagles @ Atlanta Falcons (NBC 8:20PM)-Atlanta (Yes, I am aware that Michael Vick will probably show out in the Georgia Dome in his first return their as a starter. I don't pick against Tony Gonzalez.)

Monday, September 19

St. Louis Rams @ New York Giants (ESPN 8:30PM)-New York Giants (There is no reason in the world why New York should lose this game, although it wouldn't surprise me at all if they lost. They looked real suspect last week against Washington.)


Until next week, “The Enemy of the best is the good. If you're always settling with what's good, you'll never be the best.”Jerry Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment