Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Is This The End?"-Picks from a Maniac Maenad Week 17-The Ralph Tresvant Edition

Happy New Year, everybody! I'm so glad to be back! Between moving, semester exams, mangled internet service, I just glad that Diana Dishes is back in service! Out with the old and in with the new, we know there may be more pink slips given out on Monday. I'm curious to see who will join Wade Phillips, Mike Singletary, Brad Childress, Josh McDaniels, and John Fox at the print shop copying resumes. FYI: Please stop the rumors about Josh "Lil' Hoodie" McDaniels coming to Kansas City.



Let's see...Brett Farve didn't pass his concussion test, was fined $50,000 for the Jenn Sterger incident, and ended the week by breaking out 90s dances to "Ice, Ice Baby" for his teammates. Yeah, I still don't like Lo. Charlie Weis is going to bail on the Chiefs after one year to take the OC job at the University of Florida. Just when I started likeing Charlie...oh, well...that's off the table. Antonio Gates ended up on IR. The Chiefs won the AFC West title and placed 3 players in the Pro Bowl. The Patriots and Falcons have the most players sending 6 and 7 respectively. Tony Gonzalez is on his way to #11.



Shawne Merriman signed a 2 year deal with the Buffalo Bills. He will take a physical later this week. I really, REALLY hope this works out for Shawne. I really, REALLY want to see him on the field. Not because he's cute (that's only part), but I really love the intensity that he brought to the field. I hope he can regain some of the manic play of his first 3 years. Good luck, Shawne. Oh, btw...leave the dance in San Diego...



I'm really shaking my head that it is possible for a 7-9 team will win a division-Seattle/St. Louis. What is really sad is the fact that this is the nationally televised game for Sunday Night Football who is advertising it like it's the Super Bowl. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the only people watching this game are Seattle/St. Louis fans. I love football, but I just can't stomach that. I might flip to see the score, but watch? I don't think so. There has got to be a re-run somewhere that's more entertaining.

For the Chiefs today, it's all about Pride!!! As they induct Marty Schottenheimer into the Chiefs Hall of Fame, the Chiefs are going for 8-0 at home this year against their dreaded rivals The Oakland Raiders. They lost to the Raiders earlier this year. I'm going to need the boys to rectify this, and I need Jamaal Charles to take the rushing title. Make it happen Chiefs, make it happen.



As for fantasy football, I was thisclose to playing for the Championship in one of my leagues, until Adrian Peterson's knee knocked me back to 4th. Injuries, inconsistency, injuries, bad luck, and injuries doomed my teams this year. So, here is the final carnage...
  • The Kansas City Chiefs finished with a 6-7 record and 14th out of 20 teams. Team MVP was Drew Brees with 325.36 fantasy points.
  • The Cromartie Eight finished with a 7-6 record and 7th out of 12 teams. Team MVP was Philip Rivers with 260 fantasy points.
  • Hecate's HellHounds finished with a 10-4 record and 4th out of 12 teams. Team MVP was Philip Rivers with 270.98 fantasy points.
  • The Runtelldat Homeboys finished with a 3-10 record and 10th out of 12 teams. Team MVP was Joe Flacco with 218 fantasy points.
  • Matching Mugshots finished with a 3-10 record and 8th out of 10 teams. Team MVP was Philip Rivers with 327 fantasy points.
Good news...None of my teams finished last!!! Bad news...three had losing records. Memo to self...no more than 3 teams next year.

Time for the picks:

Dolphins vs. Patriots-Patriots

Buccaneers vs. Saints-Saints

Bills vs. Jets-Jets

Bengals vs. Ravens-Ravens

Panthers vs. Falcons-Falcons

Steelers vs. Browns-Steelers

Vikings vs. Lions-Vikings

Raiders vs. Chiefs-Chiefs, Chiefs, Chiefs, Chiefs, Chiefs!!!

Cowboys vs. Eagles-Eagles

Cardinals vs. 49ers-Cardinals

Giants vs. Redskins-Giants

Jaguars vs. Texans-Texans

Chargers vs. Broncos-Chargers

Bears vs. Packers-Packers

Titans vs. Colts-Colts

Rams vs. Seahawks-Who Cares...okay...Rams

Okay, guys that's it...Until next week, "If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm."-Vince Lombardi

1 comment:

  1. Wow. The fact that you mentioned Ralph Tresvant is worth a comment within itself. This Hawks/Rams game is unwatchable. I want the Rams to win, but they obviously don't want to themselves.

    ReplyDelete