Sunday, October 7, 2018

Dead Viewing: Season 9, Episode 1-"A New Beginning"

***WARNING***
***You may want to stop here.***
***There will be spoilers.***
***This is not a review. It is just my thoughts as I'm watching the show.***
***I update during commercials.***
Remember, I'm just writing what I see and reacting.


Welcome back, everybody!!! Long time, no see!! Honestly, I had many reservations about blogging about The Walking Dead this season. I didn't want to write for two reasons. Reason #1: The weak season finale, and reason #2: Rick and Maggie are leaving. The fact that Rick is leaving the show after eight seasons is devastating to me. He's been there since the beginning, and he is one of my favorite characters, but this just makes Carl's death even more unnecessary. Maggie has become one of my favorite's simply because I love seeing BA female leaders in action on television series. She will be missed, but I hope they don't kill either of them. I'm sure they are going to die, but I would like it to be like Morgan, so they could come back if they choose. We will see. 

Opens with Rick's narration and we are back in Alexandria with Rick, Michone, and Judith has finally grown. WE are meeting up in Washington, DC on horseback. The team is back together. Washington, DC is looking worse for wear. This is quite the interesting intro. I wish I were as quick as other Walking Dead fans who pick up all the Easter eggs.

Looks like they are entering some type of library or museum. It's a museum. Maggie seems positive that this will work, but there is a glass floor with a ton of walkers below it. What are we looking for? This year's walkers are all kinds of gross, man, bugs, and spiders, and Siddiq definitely was feeling that. I like the killing of the walker at the end of the human evolution. I really. We also learned that Maggie won an election, suggested by Gregory, and she is officially the leader of the Hilltop. Heirloom seeds, a canoe, a plow, and trying to get a wagon across a cracking glass floor. I like how all the groups are working together...and Ezekiel falls through the glass. He and Carol are an item. Carol loves her king, I see. 

Ezekiel asks Carol to marry him, and of course, she shoots him down Carol style. Maggie named the baby Hershel. Of course the wagon gets stuck. Just as they move, Walkers show up. No Ken, don't go back for he horse., and he's bit. Ken's dead. Maggie puts him down to keep him from turning. Tammy is railing on Maggie about taking Ken, and Earl walks away when she questions his manhood. She's mad because she believes the Saviors are receiving more than they deserve. I think Maggie may agree with her. 

Alden singing over Ken's funeral. So, everyone is invited to the funeral except Maggie, who is watching from the balcony. Now, they are back at the Saviors warehouse, where apparently some are still "NEGAN." Gregory is allowed to speak at Ken's funeral. Daryl has been leading the Saviors, but he doesn't want to do it any more. Daryl wants to stop dealing with everybody. Daryl wants to fend for their own, and Daryl wants to take care of everyone. Someone has to stay, because Daryl wants to go back to Hilltop with Maggie and the baby. There is definitely a break with Rick and Daryl on philosophy. Meanwhile, snake in the grass Gregory is lurking around with Tammy and Earl.

I love Carol and Daryl's relationship, and the fact that she calls him Pookie. She offers to take over the Sanctuary for Daryl for a while. Man, I hate Gregory. How low do you have to be to manipulate a couple who just lost their child. He really just needs to go away, because he will never get over not being in charge of the Hilltop.

Michonne is questioning whether or not they should not have kept Negan. She is considering what Daryl was talking about with the Saviors. Gregory buttering up to Maggie again. I hate this guy. Someone defaced Glenn's grave and had Earl attack Maggie. Enid and others come to her aid. Now, he is attacking her with a knife. He has got to go.

Carol stays at Sanctuary with Daryl leaving. Leaves Jerry, my fave, to watch over Henry and Ezekiel. Little Hershel is so cute. Rick wants her to visit Alexandria, but she still refuses because of Negan. She says she will help Sanctuary, but they have to sacrifice. They are about to execute Gregory. Execution by hanging...well, bye Gregory...

Before I leave, I would like to take a moment to talk about Scott Wilson. I loved him as Hershel in The Walking Dead, but he has been a part of some of my favorite works including The Great Gatsby and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. He will be greatly missed. Thank you for the memories, Mr. Wilson...

Until next week, "You walk outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. Nowadays you breath and you risk your life. You don’t have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what you’re risking it for."-Hershel

No comments:

Post a Comment