Sunday, December 9, 2012

NFL Week 14 Picks...

Hello, everyone.  Not a lot of flair this morning.  Another tragedy in the NFL happened yesterday.  This time the result of drunk driving.  I don't do well with drunk driving.  I lost my one of my best friends and a student to drunk driving.  I myself do not drink.  I have never understood the need to drink, but I don't begrudge people the right to have adult beverages.  I do have a problem with people who don't have enough respect for themselves and their passengers to surrender their keys, especially someone who has been caught doing this before.  

I not getting on my soapbox today.  I just don't have in me today.  I pray for the family of Jerry Brown, and I pray for Josh Brent who is going to have to live with the fact his lack of judgment cost his friend and teammate his life and is going to cost possibly cost Trent a significant loss of freedom.  People, keep in mind.  There are over 2000 players employed by the NFL.  It seems like an abnormal portion of them get in trouble, but stop for a moment before you judge the whole league.  If your company consisted of 2000 relatively famous people, how often would it be big news when one of your co-workers were arrested for any reason.  I'm a teacher, and you know, I see at least 3 articles a day about a teacher being arrested.  That doesn't mean every teacher is a thug or incompetent.  People are human.

I didn't make picks last week.  My week 12 record was 9-5 bringing my record for the year to 101-66.  My picks for the week:

Sunday, December 9
Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota Vikings:  Chicago
Dallas Cowboys vs. Cincinnati Bengals:  Cincinnati
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Tampa Bay
Atlanta Falcons vs. Carolina Panthers:  Atlanta
St. Louis Rams vs. Buffalo Bills:  Buffalo

San Diego Chargers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:  Pittsburgh
Baltimore Ravens vs. Washington Redskins:  Washington
New York Jets vs. Jacksonville Jaguars:  New York Jets
Tennessee Titans vs. Indianapolis Colts:  Indianapolis
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Cleveland Browns:  Kansas City

Miami Dolphins vs. San Francisco 49ers:  San Francisco
New Orleans Saints vs. New York Giants:  New York Giants
Arizona Cardinals vs. Seattle Seahawks:  Seattle

Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers:  Green Bay 

Monday, December 10
Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots:  New England

Thursday, December 13
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Philadelphia Eagles:  Cincinnati

Until next week, "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."~Matthew 7: 1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment