Saturday, October 17, 2015

NFL Week 6: The Tracks of My Tears

Welcome back, everybody. The tears are still metaphorically flowing over here at Diana Dishes. Why? Well, if you haven't, heard Jamaal Charles who is easily the best player on the Chiefs has torn his ACL has been lost for the remainder of the season. Sigh...my favorite team just can't win for losing, because it's not bad enough that we lost J. Charles, the Chiefs lost the game in the final 30 seconds. At this point, I find it difficult to see the Chiefs salvaging this season. When the best player thus far is your kicker (thanks for the points Cairo Santos), things do not bode well. FYI, what the crap is going on with our vaunted defense? I swear, watching the Chiefs is like watching Titanic on a loop. You know how it's going to end, but you keep watching anyway.


In case you've missed it, New England and Green Bay are really, really good. I will be rooting for the Packers if they end up in the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning is looking un-Peyton Manning like. I can't figure out the Saints, 49ers, Eagles, and Ravens. They are just, meh... Is it just me, or has this whole season been a season of meh with all the injuries and lack of, anything, from teams who should be performing much better, yeah, you Seattle.


That said, I've been pretty good with my predictions this year. Most weeks have been a 9-10 pick win week. Last week, I was 9-5 which brings my total to 46-31. Fantasy players: Oakland, Dallas, St. Louis, and Tampa Bay have byes this week.


Sunday, October 18, 2015
Cincinnati Bengals at Buffalo Bills: Cincinnati
Denver Broncos at Cleveland Browns: Denver
Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions: Chicago
Miami Dolphins at Tennessee Titans: Miami
Kansas City Chiefs at Minnesota Vikings: Minnesota (I'm not going to pick the Chiefs until they win.)
Washington Redskins at New York Jets: New York
Arizona Cardinals at Pittsburgh Steelers: Arizona
Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars: Houston
Carolina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks: Seattle
San Diego Chargers at Green Bay Packers: Green Bay
Baltimore Ravens at San Francisco 49ers: Baltimore
New England Patriots at Indianapolis Colts: New England


Monday, October 19, 2015
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles: New York


Thursday, October 22, 2015
Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers: Seattle


*Quick note: If you have Showtime, you can catch replays of Play it Forward, a documentary about my all-time favorite player Tony Gonzalez and his family, especially his older brother Chris. I'm anxiously waiting to watch myself. The trailer looks amazing. I missed the premiere, because I was working a high school football game...in the concession stand. P.S. as a fan of Tony G., I have greatly appreciated all of the promotion that went into this documentary this week. Y'all know I'm smiling right now, right? Y'all been here before.


Well, that's that. Until next week, "Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left."~Hubert Humphrey

No comments:

Post a Comment